+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helpful visa office in SK, Canada?

hannahmay

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from the UK currently residing in SK, Canada; applying for a study visa from within Canada (form IMM5709, extending visitor stay to study permit). I had a bit of trouble with the CIC website, for some reason it wouldn't let me continue on to apply online. I was told in person by several immigration officers I can legally apply to change my status from within the country after being given my visitor record at the border (I've already been accepted to an institution and sorted out all funds and documents needed to date), so due to the website questionnaire just not allowing me I'm having to continue the application by paper - annoyingly. It was suggested I white-lie my way through the beginning questionnaire, but I'm unsure that's a wise move!

But because of this it not only prolongs my application process, but it also makes it more complicated - there is no run through for me to follow and I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly before posting it away. So I'm looking for an office from within SK (preferably Saskatoon) that can help me. I tried visiting one government visa centre but they wouldn't even speak to me until after I've actually submitted an application - and ofc by then it's too late to check if I've made any errors. I also briefly visited an immigration lawyer (yknow, the free 15 minute consultation), who was useless and pointed me in the completely wrong direction not even listening to my explanation of my situation.

So could anyone point me in the direction of an office that actually offers advice for visa applications? Or perhaps help me with my issues with the CIC website. Thank you.