+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help

Usopp

Dec 24, 2015
Hi
My friends's refugee claim was refused and appeal as well. Her lawyer advised to file Juridical Review and apply for H&C grounds. She is going through a lot and surely facing risk or hardship in her home country if sent back. she is here with her daughter. Coming from same country i know the risk, but unfortunetely immigration officers did not and she got refused. I read online article about refugee acceptance is "luck in the draw" so i dont know, just feel so sorry for her. She has been "unlucky" from the start.Her first lawyer didnt say that she could work on refugee claimant status and she only found out when called to CIC with different matter. She sent her WP application in April but it was returned in July asking to pay the fee, because her first claim was rejected meanwhile. She pais the fee and sends WP application again in August but her appeal is rejected just recently and she pays the additional WP fee of 100$. The cost is for refugee claimants free, failed refugee claimants 155$, failed appeal refugees 255$. And now when she applies for H&C receiving social assistance weakens the case it say online. If only that first lawyer directed her with correct info or had genuine interest to help her she might have ended in a better situation. She prays and hopes for the better, and is going to try everything. She said recently that someone told her that she may go and try Quebec, because Quebec has same legal system (civic) as her home country. Is it true? I wish to be more helpful to my friend and trying to collect info from people with experience, so please help my friend to find solutions. Your response is greatly appreciated. God bless you all :)