+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] File Number & Credential report

bryanzhj

Nov 19, 2012
Hi guys,

I submitted my FSW application on November 2014; at January 2015 CIC cash out the application fee from my credit card.

Couple weeks ago, I receive a email from ICAS which is a institution making my education credential report, said that CIC has checked my files and suggest that I better upgrade my education credential report to a ECA report.

But I'm so confused because I have not received a CIC File Number yet, and I have not contacted by CIC about this. Is it normal?

Anyway I upgraded my education report to a ECA report. However I'm not sure where I should sent this to.

So I called CIC call centre, the gentleman told me I actually have a file number. So I used the file number he gave me and successfully login to the system. My application status is: IN PROGRESS. No more information, and there is no information about letting me upgrade my education credential report.

What should I do now?

I asked a immigration consultant and being told that: CIC will send the file number within an official mail to me once they issued my case. The file number I just got from call center is not official.

I'm so confused, please help me! What should I do? should I send my ECA report to CIC? or waiting for a "official file number"?