+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry from USA , what will happen if you got reported ?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hello all,

First , who is allowed to enter via USA without valid PR , my PR is under renewal , they have sent me a PRQ and replied but no one knows how long it will take ?

Q

1 - who is allowed to enter ?
2 - if you got reported what will happens ?
3 - entry to Canada is it guaranteed ?

4 - if I waited outside Canada till they sent me come and pick up your cards is it a guarantee to get TD from outside Canada ( RO MET with more than 950 days ) and even if I applied for TD in the anytime in the next 2 years I will have more than 730 days in the last 5 years ?

Any advice on how to go back , and what if they asks for an interview and you were outside ?

mkyasir

Jan 5, 2015
Hi,

Trying to understand your situation - are you currently in the US? And your PR card is expired?

Did you apply for an urgent PR renewal or a regular one?

If you have an expired PR card, you can re-enter Canada by land (your own car) by showing your expired card and your Record of Landing document which you would have gotten when you became a Permanent Residence. You can check the CIC website under Apply for an Urgent card for more details...

This is what it says online:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you plan to return in a commercial vehicle, like a plane or bus

If you plan to return to Canada in a commercial vehicle — such as a plane, train, boat or bus — you must apply for a travel document at a visa office outside Canada before you return to Canada.

You should also check with the commercial operator (for example, the airline or bus company you will be using) to see what documents they need.

If you return in a private vehicle, like your own car

If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a PR card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead.

You would have been given these documents:

if you applied from overseas: at the same time as your visa, or
if you applied from within Canada at your local visa office when you landed.
An officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet all of the residency requirements before they allow you to come back to Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps...good luck :)