+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship process questions please

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello Everyone :),

We have couple questions regarding the citizenship application please, your help would be really appreciate it!

1- In the CIT002-f form, in the question 9, they asking about the statutes you had when you were temporary resident, but just during the 5 years period from now, do I have to give for instance the work permit I had since before the 5 years (since it started before that 5 yrs), OR cut it, and put just the first day of the 5 years from now ? (even tho I had it before).

2- For question 10 and 11 for the same form, the table shows just YY-MM with no day to specify, but you put press on the form it put day 1 by default. That being said, do we have to put days as well, or just year and month is enough ?

3- For question 10, I assume, we have to put also our travel (holidays), we only write travel with no addresses for hotels right ? - and for question 11 when there is a gap because of a travel, we have to put the travel back again in the question 11, because its only asking for work or studies ...??? It is confusing.

4- Now, for the online calculator of days, it is also asking for only 5 years from now. But I have a work permit before 2014, do I have to put the date before their 5 years periode. OR ONLY start with the day they provided (5 years period in the past) ?

5- Finally, if your application is return because you didnt fill the thing well, the fees are gone $630 ?

PS: Anything you can share would be very appreciated on top on these questions, or any advice please !

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS :)

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello Everyone :),

We have couple questions regarding the citizenship application please, your help would be really appreciate it!

1- In the CIT002-f form, in the question 9, they asking about the statutes you had when you were temporary resident, but just during the 5 years period from now, do I have to give for instance the work permit I had since before the 5 years (since it started before that 5 yrs), OR cut it, and put just the first day of the 5 years from now ? (even tho I had it before).
If you were a worker; you'd mention that. If you were a student; you'd mention that. Nothing to be confused about, Just be HONEST.

2- For question 10 and 11 for the same form, the table shows just YY-MM with no day to specify, but you put press on the form it put day 1 by default. That being said, do we have to put days as well, or just year and month is enough ?
Yeah and month as asked in the form.

3- For question 10, I assume, we have to put also our travel (holidays), we only write travel with no addresses for hotels right ? - and for question 11 when there is a gap because of a travel, we have to put the travel back again in the question 11, because its only asking for work or studies ...??? It is confusing.
Hotel address is not required.
Do one question at a time. Print a form; fill it up and check yourself. Thereafter, you'd know if that makes sense to you!

4- Now, for the online calculator of days, it is also asking for only 5 years from now. But I have a work permit before 2014, do I have to put the date before their 5 years periode. OR ONLY start with the day they provided (5 years period in the past) ?
5 years. if you do it today; you'd include 10th of May 2014 until 9th of May 2019.

5- Finally, if your application is return because you didnt fill the thing well, the fees are gone $630 ?
NO! You'd get your money back.

PS: Anything you can share would be very appreciated on top on these questions, or any advice please !
CALM DOWN; DON'T BE ANXIOUS! Forms are not going to bite you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS :)

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
1/Yes, but in the CIT002-f form, for question 10 and 11, the table column only states YY-MM, HOWEVER, in the explanation below the table it says: ' If you miss some DAYS or period your application will be returned...', so I am confused if we have to put the day as well.

In addition to that, when you press on the form, it does show day :O

Another related question, if during the same month lets say Jan 2016, I went to US on 15th and back on 20th Jan, I have to put 2 ligne stating the same month Jan 2016, in this case ?

2/. I am still confused: In the CIT002-f form, in the question 9, they asking about the statutes you had when you were temporary resident, but just during the 5 years period from now, do I have to give for instance the work permit I had since before the 5 years (since it started before that 5 yrs), OR cut it, and put just the first day of the 5 years from now ? (even tho I had it before).

Example, eligible perdiode from 18 may 2014 - to now right.
but lets suppose I had a student permit on 1st Jan 2014, should I put in question 9: 18 may 2014- 18 may 2017 : student permit

OR

1st Jan 2014-18 may 2017 : STUDENT PERMIT ?

THANKS ALOT GUYS
PLEASE help :)