+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any clue how long a PRTD from Pakistan is taking these days?

bilaljah

Sep 24, 2021
I appplied for a PRTD based on H&C grounds for not fulfilling my RO from Lahore on 26th June, 2021. It's well over the estimated 61 days, and upon contacting Abu Dhabi through web forms at around the 70 day mark asking if they needed they stated that it's in processing, they'll contact me if they need anything and that there's delays due to COVID.

I understand that it takes longer to apply based on H&C grounds but last year I also applied for a PR Card renewal while I was in Canada last year based on H&C grounds (I was already enrolled in Medical School in Pakistan when my family immigrated, my family lives there, I've visited every summer for as long as I could) and it had been approved and the card is in Canada waiting for offices to open to be picked up.. so shouldn't it be an open and shut case since I've already been approved for a PR card renewal?

Does anyone have any advice? I also tried contacting an MP and am waiting to see if that'll help. I desperately just want to know since I need to schedule dates for an important exam in January and need to know where I will be located then. I'm also considering the option of flying to the States (I have a visa valid until the end of November) and renting a car and driving through the land border but am hesitant about being rejected from the border and having to either extend my US visa or return to Pakistan. (I have an expired PR card, valid Canadian Driver's License, email correspondence with the IRCC about my approved PR card renewal, evidence that I've been waiting for a PRTD) Thank you!

Last edited: