+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Help - LMIA for Shipper / non skilled - I'm I eligible for AINP and EE

eyeflaster

Nov 3, 2016
Hi to everyone,

I'm currently on my second and last Working Holiday (IEC) 1 year visa in Calgary, Alberta. Last year, when on my first IEC visa, my employer did LMIA for me but it was denied, I assume, due to a bad timing, because economy just hit bottom and there was a lot of people applying for my job for the whole time it was advertised online, which is for 4 months when I was waiting for LMIA assessment - LMIA was for a warehouse supervisor (skilled position).

Now, the same company is willing to the process one more time, for the same position, warehouse supervisor, which is skilled and with it I can go to express entry if positive.

Or I should do LMIA for a shipper, which is not a skilled position, but I figured, which is also my question, that with positive LMIA for a shipper I'm eligible to apply for AINP and if positive it also brings 600 points to the table for Express Entry.

Can someone confirm if thats correct?

Also what is processing time for AINP and what would your suggestion be, to try one more time for skilled position, but risk many people
apply for median vage 23$ or go for a shipper and then through AINP?

Thank you for your answers, I'm having a meeting with my immigration agent next week and I have to give him NOC number under which are we doing LMIA.

My employer is good with any since they want to keep me.