+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a newbie... seeking help on how to...

estong

Oct 27, 2008
hello to everybody and i am new here ..
my future employer is waiting for the LMO......
can you give me a step-by-step procedure on how to apply for the AINP because i want to bring my family with me when i move to alberta. you responses will be a great help for me in preparing my papers.

Thank you and God Bless us all!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are coming in on a skilled temporary permit, you can take your family with you. You can apply for them too and an open work permit for your spouse. Is your employer applying for your work permit too? Does he have an agency helping him with the paperwork? Maybe you can let your employer know right away that you want to bring your family too.

On your work permit application at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp there are spaces to list your spouse and kids and you can write yes at the bottom that they are coming with you. Getting a work permit for the spouse, I am not sure which appliation form, maybe the same form but ask the employer if he knows or if he has an agency maybe they know. If nobody knows, you can delay applying for your spouses work permit until you are in Canada and can find some help with it here or you can just take a chance and fill out another work permit form for your spouse, just write on it somewhere that it's a request for open work permit for your spouse. The worst they can do if it's the wrong form is to return it and give you the right form. Unless somebody else on here knows which form it is?

You can find the AINP at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html and you can apply for it later or ask your employer to apply for you now. Some employers will require you to work your probation time of 3 months before they will apply for you.

estong

Oct 27, 2008
hi Leon, thats a good start for me.. thanks for a quick reponse....... so let say in three months probation i failed, what happen to me? can i find another employer?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The employer has put in the work to apply for your work permit so that means he needs you and you would have to be bad for him to fire you. Still you should do your best in the first 3 months to give yourself a good reputation. The employer can also fire you later but usually they do it in the first 3 months because that is considered probation time and they don't have to give you notice. If you do get fired or if you quit, you have until the expiry of your work permit to find another employer and get your work permit changed but it can take a couple of months to get it changed which is why it would be nice if your spouse goes with you on an open work permit already.

If you do apply for PNP with your employer, you have to stay with this employer until you get your PR. If you quit, you would have to apply again with a new employer.

C

cchabert

Leon when you get your temporary work permit will they ask for police report and medicals also? and if the wife gets open work permit does she needs to go with you or she can go later?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know they don't always ask for medicals but they can if they want to. Not sure about police record. I know with my coworkers who have come with a spouse, sometimes the spouse comes with them, sometimes later. I would ask the visa office to make sure.

C

cchabert

Thank you Leon one more:

If you go with work permit and they didn't ask for police report or medicals, then you go to Alberta later if you are also in the FSW process or AINP process and in this process they ask for your medicals and police report:

1.- Can you have your medicals done in Alberta? I think so just to confirm

2.- How can I do the police report from US if I no longer there?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You can have your medicals done in Canada. Everybody who applies from within Canada already does but if you applied from outside, you might have to take care that you have the right forms.

2. You get your police report from the FBI by mail. Many people have lived in different countries over their lifetime. They can not expect you to go to each country to fetch your police report. You just need your fingerprints taken and mail them to the FBI and they will send your report back. It took about a month for me when I did it.

C

cchabert

Thank you again Leon I just remember one more if you don't mind:

Same case but what happen if in my FSW case they ask me for an interview? and I'm already working in Alberta, did I need to travel to Seattle or Buffalo? this can be a hassle because I don't have my H1B stamp on my passport so is like as soon I'm out of US the only way to comeback is by visitor visa and that can take a while.

estong

Oct 27, 2008
hi! my future employer mail me back today. he told me that he already submitted my name for lmo apporval...
1. how long it will take to determine the result? my job is under pressure in alberta under skilled worker.
2. is it possible if i can get an LMO(I already claimed this!) can i apply for AINP..

please advise me...

thanks much!