+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Off Campus Hours

Amirahsn

Jan 4, 2024
My Study Permit expired on 4th February, and I applied for extension of 4th Jan before expiry of my study permit. How many hours I can work now? I am on maintained status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Off-campus work hours public policy and study permit extensions
If the international student’s application for a study permit extension was received by IRCC on or before December 7, 2023, and the application is approved, they may work more than 20 hours per week under the public policy until the study permit extension expires, or until April 30, 2024, whichever comes first.

If the international student’s application for a study permit extension was received by IRCC after December 7, 2023, they may work more than 20 hours per week under the public policy until the expiry date of the study permit they applied to extend, or until April 30, 2024, whichever comes first.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#s2

Reactions: Amirahsn

Amirahsn

Jan 4, 2024
Thank you for your reply. It means I can't work full time because my visa has been expired. I worked last week 30 hours. I was free after exam so did n I read this policy today. Am i in big trouble?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. It means I can't work full time because my visa has been expired. I worked last week 30 hours. I was free after exam so did n I read this policy today. Am i in big trouble?
Well you could only work part time after February 4. You can only work 20 hours so make sure you don’t work more than 20 hours from now on. It is an issue, don’t know.