+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Verification post LPP

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
I am still waiting for notes that were applied mid sept. I have been told by the MP today that my application is on hold for the past 2 months now since LPP completed. This is insane. I don't know what to do as when I call them they say all is good wait. When I email them they say it is in queue for further processing. please guide me if you have any clue? what is best course of action now instead of waiting 6 more months and asking this same question again?
its been 20 months now since I applied. @dpenabill

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I am still waiting for notes that were applied mid sept. I have been told by the MP today that my application is on hold for the past 2 months now since LPP completed. This is insane. I don't know what to do as when I call them they say all is good wait. When I email them they say it is in queue for further processing. please guide me if you have any clue? what is best course of action now instead of waiting 6 more months and asking this same question again?
its been 20 months now since I applied. @dpenabill
It is unlikely you can do much, if anything, to accelerate the timeline . . . unless you withdraw the application you will be WAITING . . . and in the meantime you can:

-- fret and pursue various means of micro-monitoring (commonly discussed by others in this forum) the progress of your application, WHILE you WAIT, or​
-- you can wait without fretting (unless, as I have mentioned multiple times, YOU know of some reason for worry)​

At some point you can obtain the assistance of a lawyer, making inquiry into the prospect of if and when initiating the procedures for pursuing mandamus relief might be worth the expense and effort. That approach is discussed at length in numerous other topics.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
I got an update
got gcms today. File status is on hold. location is e-grant under review. Also it says that Clearance request RCMP/CSIS = Y
what does that mean? there is a new request or it just points to the background check that was already done. All important notes are hidden. interestingly it says the citizenship was granted but then three days later to put file on hold they did something which is hidden

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I got an update
got gcms today. File status is on hold. location is e-grant under review. Also it says that Clearance request RCMP/CSIS = Y
what does that mean? there is a new request or it just points to the background check that was already done. All important notes are hidden. interestingly it says the citizenship was granted but then three days later to put file on hold they did something which is hidden
I have seen this in the forum that they do final review/check before sending Oath. If they find anything during the check and it needs to be sorted out, they put the file on hold until that is cleared.
Does CSIS=Y have a date on it?
If something popped up on security, they might have asked for security clearance again.

Just my 2c.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
The update is that my csis clearence is valid till next 3.5 years. there is no request to cbsa. and the application is on hold at IRCC CMB RAU
Also that the application had clear notes that Citizenship is granted. based on information through MP and IRCC call center they are just waiting for the officer to grant the application AGAIN. I dont know what to do.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
The update is that my csis clearence is valid till next 3.5 years. there is no request to cbsa. and the application is on hold at IRCC CMB RAU
Also that the application had clear notes that Citizenship is granted. based on information through MP and IRCC call center they are just waiting for the officer to grant the application AGAIN. I dont know what to do.
CMB stands for Case Management Branch, which usually deals with complicated cases that require a senior officer's decision. As I saw in the manuals, if something is non-routine or complicated, they advise sending an email to the CMB.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
You are right and it is at RAU of CMB.
RAU means risk assessment unit.
my question is what should I do?
The file is still assigned to the officer who took my interview, Granted Citizenship and is based out of Vancouver. But location is with rau of cmb.
They are also not waiting on anything. Completing 5 months now.
No idea what to do.
The status on GCMS is on hold but they say it is in progress when I email them.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
Finally Oath completed. Took 2 Years 3 Months in total.
Took 8 and a half months to get oath after LPP done
- Application Online Feb 2022
- AOR Mar 2022
- SS Started Oct 2022
- Citizenship Test Oct 2022
- Citizenship Test Passed Nov 2022
- Finger Print request Oct 2022
- SS cleared. BG Completed May 2023
- ⁠LPP completed July 2023
- ⁠2nd fingerprint Dec 2023
- Citizenship Oath Invite 19 Apr 2024
- Citizenship Oath Date 9 May 2024