+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver office- Citizenship

Sunshinestate

Star Member
Aug 1, 2023
May be I am getting a little tunnel visioned, but I seem to see the Vancouver office slowly turning into RC-8090 with some people's experience of delays
You are absolutely right!!! They are terrible, slow and incompetent, I bet they are not doing anything!!! Files are just sitting there collecting dust!!:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: fièrementcanadien

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
We are in same pattern no updates on mine done Dec 2/23, and spouse since Dec 30/23. Applied Nov 2/23, AOR Nov 9/23.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Who says they don't? There's never any proof, only assumptions from inpatient applicants.
ah...no that's incorrect. For example, my GCMS notes showed LPP not started after BG cleared for months. And when my MP reached out to them, IRCC just blow them off by saying my application is non-routine. However, according to IRCC's own non-routine application definition, my application didn't trigger any condition on that list. You can say that's not "proof", but that's beyond reasonable doubt if you ask me.
I work for the government too, and I know not giving any transparency to external stakeholders would just generate more confusion and result in anger. Also, I don't sit on my tasks.

NN2024

Apr 2, 2024
ah...no that's incorrect. For example, my GCMS notes showed LPP not started after BG cleared for months. And when my MP reached out to them, IRCC just blow them off by saying my application is non-routine. However, according to IRCC's own non-routine application definition, my application didn't trigger any condition on that list. You can say that's not "proof", but that's beyond reasonable doubt if you ask me.
I work for the government too, and I know not giving any transparency to external stakeholders would just generate more confusion and result in anger. Also, I don't sit on my tasks.
Do you think Vancouver office is just super duper slow? have you seen any examples of people have their files processed within the average application processing time even with "non-routine" tag?

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Do you think Vancouver office is just super duper slow? have you seen any examples of people have their files processed within the average application processing time even with "non-routine" tag?
Yes, 2 family members got their Citizenship application processed within 15 months. both had dependent and from Vancouver. ( at that time the processing time was18 months )

Last edited:

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I don't think they are super duper slow, but like the other member said, it was when the average processing time was 18 months. Now the processing time is 8 months, I am sure we'll see more files not being handled as quick as people may think

adarshem

Nov 8, 2017
I received an email from DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca regarding the following:

"In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your
citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please
provide an explanation.

1. For individuals who are currently ABROAD, please indicate the date that you left Canada
and the date that you expect to return to Canada.

2. For individuals who have RETURNED to Canada, please indicate the date that you left
Canada and submit proof of your return to Canada such as a flight itinerary and/or boarding
pass, a copy of your passport stamp showing that you re-entered Canada, etc.

3. For ALL individuals please also include the following:

A) Scanned copies or photos of ALL passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your eligibility period.
Example
You signed your citizenship application on March 30, 2019. Your eligibility period is
March 30, 2014 to March 30, 2019.
You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages.

B) Colour Photocopies of FRONT and BACK of Provincial Photo Identification (such
as a provincial ID card or driver’s license that has your photo, signature, and
current residential address)."

So my question is:
Do I need to submit my complete travel itinerary along with the scanned copy of my passport to prove that I returned to Canada during my eligibility period?

Thanks

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
AOR: Feb 9th
BG check Complete: March 5
Test complete: March 19th
Prohibitions and Language complete: April 17th
Received request letter for all passport pages scan from PNT office: April 17
Replied on May 3rd.
Contacted IRCC on May 10th and informed me my case is processing in VAN office.

NN2024

Apr 2, 2024
I don't think they are super duper slow, but like the other member said, it was when the average processing time was 18 months. Now the processing time is 8 months, I am sure we'll see more files not being handled as quick as people may think
but what about anyone from Jan-Mar 2023 period who already crossed old "14 months average processing time" and stuck at SC? is there any hope to clear security and receive oath date for those soon?