+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two active work permit applications (HCCP and OWP)

olijan

Apr 24, 2023
I'm wondering if someone has the same case as mine. I currently have 2 active work permit application
1) open work permit extension (my husband was approved for PGWP- 1 year only). I have application number for this one.
2) applied for the HCCP- 2024 pilot applicant and child care restricted work permit. With application number

Wondering if I need to inform IRCC so that they can just merge the applications into 1? I prefer to get the 3-year occupation-restricted work permit. Please share you experience. thanks!

May 11, 2024
Hello everyone I want to aply as a PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER in canada I’m still on my training and It will be done on September. I have no idea how to find an employer in Canada through LMIA,I’m from Philippines,I have a lot of experience of taking care elder people but I don’t have an idea how to aply in canada as PSW,I wish I get an advice here soon.Thank you and God bless

olijan

Apr 24, 2023
Hello everyone I want to aply as a PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER in canada I’m still on my training and It will be done on September. I have no idea how to find an employer in Canada through LMIA,I’m from Philippines,I have a lot of experience of taking care elder people but I don’t have an idea how to aply in canada as PSW,I wish I get an advice here soon.Thank you and God bless
To be honest, it's hard to find direct hire from the Philippines because LMIA is such a time consuming to process.
1) Need to find a relatives in Canada who is willing to sponsor you and who qualify as an employer.
2) Look for a license and legal job agency.
3) If you don't want to spend a lot of money start applying to the jobs posted in child care in various locations - Search - Job Bank , this is the official job bank of Canada and all jobs (with lmia is posted here). Sometimes you'll get lucky and will find a genuine employer . But if the employer is asking you to pay something, it's a "red flag" , might not be authentic. A real employer will never ask you for money (why? because they can afford to pay you and they really need your services).

Hope this helps! Goodluck!

Reactions: Manilyn_Yunting
May 11, 2024
To be honest, it's hard to find direct hire from the Philippines because LMIA is such a time consuming to process.
1) Need to find a relatives in Canada who is willing to sponsor you and who qualify as an employer.
2) Look for a license and legal job agency.
3) If you don't want to spend a lot of money start applying to the jobs posted in child care in various locations - Search - Job Bank , this is the official job bank of Canada and all jobs (with lmia is posted here). Sometimes you'll get lucky and will find a genuine employer . But if the employer is asking you to pay something, it's a "red flag" , might not be authentic. A real employer will never ask you for money (why? because they can afford to pay you and they really need your services).

Hope this helps! Goodluck!
Than you so much for your advice it helps alot,God bless you