+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit with child

bidex85

Feb 10, 2024
please i applied for study permit online and i was asked
Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time? Yes
Group type? Family
And i click YES when ask if my daughter will accompany me
but i have submitted my application without see where to pay for dependent ...
Can you someone help me how to add my dependent or is she already added to my application coz i submitted all documents related to her when im appying.

thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
please i applied for study permit online and i was asked
Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time? Yes
Group type? Family
And i click YES when ask if my daughter will accompany me
but i have submitted my application without see where to pay for dependent ...
Can you someone help me how to add my dependent or is she already added to my application coz i submitted all documents related to her when im appying.

thanks
How old is child? You would be applying for a TRV or study permit, and paying those fees. Are you in a Masters program? Showing funds for 2 people. If you just said accompanying, you didn’t file anything for child.

bidex85

Feb 10, 2024
she's 2 years plus... I got PAL from SASKPOLY....i have already shown funds for 2 people in my application...already Paid 1st year tuition...
so i need to apply for TRV or study permit her ???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
she's 2 years plus... I got PAL from SASKPOLY....i have already shown funds for 2 people in my application...already Paid 1st year tuition...
so i need to apply for TRV or study permit her ???
TRV. With new rules, not sure she will be approved. Hopefully you will. To strengthen application, show that you have secured child care because you will be in school. Do you have full custody?

bidex85

Feb 10, 2024
yes i have full custody and ima see about securing child care ...., how can i add her TRV to my application or ima apply her TRV in a different application

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes i have full custody and ima see about securing child care ...., how can i add her TRV to my application or ima apply her TRV in a different application

Thanks
You apply through your account. It is a TRV application. Hopefully you can secure full time day care. People get on waiting lists and some wait years. Make sure you have budgeted for it too. Daycares operate Monday to Friday during business hours so make sure you don’t have evening classes. Working part time will be difficult.

bidex85

Feb 10, 2024
To add your child to an existing application

You must send us a request to add your child. When we receive your request, we will tell you, by mail or email, what documents you need to submit. For example, you may need to send us:

• new forms – we’ll tell you which ones to fill out
  • proof of payment for your dependant
  • supporting documents such as proof of income, a birth certificate, a medical or police certificate