+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused "you do not have significant family ties outside canada"

LizMas

Oct 17, 2023
May I please also ask something else. If I am able to provide employment letter from my family company, can that make my application strong? Can I provide employment letter from an organisation that’s not in my country. Is it a must that I most acquire employment in my home country? What if I get a job offer from a different country

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Without a notarised letter it’s not official or any legally binding that they are going to sponsor him/her. You can still submit without it but it will be a much stronger document to have compared to a simple letter signed by the parent that’s not official. Anyway, I don’t see why they wouldn’t get the letter notarised as it’s very quick and easy to do

Am sponsoring my nephew for his study permit and I notarized the letter. It is much stronger when notarized.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Am sponsoring my nephew for his study permit and I notarized the letter. It is much stronger when notarized.
No it isn’t. A notarized letter just verifies that signature is authentic. You can still stop paying fees and your nephew has no recourse. Was your nephew’s study permit approved?

Reactions: canuck78

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
No it isn’t. A notarized letter just verifies that signature is authentic. You can still stop paying fees and your nephew has no recourse. Was your nephew’s study permit approved?

Thanks for your reply, Not yet, he just applied, still waiting.

Ndifor

Dec 14, 2020
Hello all please your suggestions will greatly help me I applied for my study permit under non SDS
June 12 submission
September 14 medical request
October 18 medical passed
October 19 correspondence letter
Since the no updates please how long can it take to get ppr
My eligibility and background check is completed please help

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello all please your suggestions will greatly help me I applied for my study permit under non SDS
June 12 submission
September 14 medical request
October 18 medical passed
October 19 correspondence letter
Since the no updates please how long can it take to get ppr
My eligibility and background check is completed please help
Hello Ndifor,
I think they should be rounding up on your case you will soon hear from them. which visa office did you apply if you do not mind please.

Rita.

Ndifor

Dec 14, 2020
Hello Ndifor,
I think they should be rounding up on your case you will soon hear from them. which visa office did you apply if you do not mind please.

Rita.
Hi Rita
Thank you for the reply
Sry but I don't know the visa office I'm from Cameroon I really don't know how the check the office handling the application

Ndifor

Dec 14, 2020
Hi Rita
Thank you for the reply
Sry but I don't know the visa office I'm from Cameroon I really don't know how the check the office handling the application
On my tracker portal I can see my permit number do you think my application can still be refuse

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
On my tracker portal I can see my permit number do you think my application can still be refuse
Hello Ndifor,
Am from Cameroon too. but am already in Canada, helping my nephew to apply for him.
Just keep you fingers crossed , i think it has gone far.

Rita

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes still could be refused. Most of the wait period nothing was actually happening with your application. It has only recently started being assessed to see if you are a genuine student, whether you have the funds to support your studies and living expenses and whether your degree makes sense given your work and education history. Other consideration as well.

Ndifor

Dec 14, 2020
Yes still could be refused. Most of the wait period nothing was actually happening with your application. It has only recently started being assessed to see if you are a genuine student, whether you have the funds to support your studies and living expenses and whether your degree makes sense given your work and education history. Other consideration as well.
If that was the case why now are the giving study permit number and visitor visa number also everything about my application has been completed from biometric to background check the are now on final decision

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If that was the case why now are the giving study permit number and visitor visa number also everything about my application has been completed from biometric to background check the are now on final decision
UCI#? If so, everyone gets one when you apply to IRCC