+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Issues

Serageldin

May 8, 2024
Frist Inquiry
I'm currently in a college, attending from 15th of April till today (8th of May), and I've been accepted in another college in next Sptember
then, I have to cancel the program of the current college today or tomorrow
so, there will be any problem with my permit here in Canada?
and if there is no problem with that,, which papers should I take from the current college to have the proof that I was enrolled from 15th of April to 8th of May

Second Inquiry,
I have a condition that I'm not authorized to work in canada because I was applying for ESL program
and now I'm accepted in another program but in September
so I have applied for extension/changing condition in IRCC website
so willI recieve the other study pemit after my start date in the college (after september) or it will take its usual processing time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Frist Inquiry
I'm currently in a college, attending from 15th of April till today (8th of May), and I've been accepted in another college in next Sptember
then, I have to cancel the program of the current college today or tomorrow
so, there will be any problem with my permit here in Canada?
and if there is no problem with that,, which papers should I take from the current college to have the proof that I was enrolled from 15th of April to 8th of May

Second Inquiry,
I have a condition that I'm not authorized to work in canada because I was applying for ESL program
and now I'm accepted in another program but in September
so I have applied for extension/changing condition in IRCC website
so willI recieve the other study pemit after my start date in the college (after september) or it will take its usual processing time
1. To change schools, you must be “actively” studying in your current program so continue for the semester. You have only attended the school for two weeks and IRCC wants you to complete at least a semester. If you stop the program then you are not studying. So you need to apply for a new study permit. You must continue to be enrolled with your current school, finish the semester and then change DLI.
Changing schools
Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/while-you-study.html

2. You cannot work until approved. You must be continue studying at current school or change will not be approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So this 2 or 3 weeks will be counted as a gap
Gap for what? IRCC stopped people a few years ago coming to Canada, studying for a couple of weeks and then changing DLIs. If you drop out of your program, then you don’t meet conditions to change DLI. You must apply for a new study permit with PAL.

Serageldin

May 8, 2024
So just to be clear, I have now 2 choices to stay in Canada
  • to be enrolled in May intake
  • to complete the first semester in the current college
Thank you so much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So just to be clear, I have now 2 choices to stay in Canada
  • to be enrolled in May intake
  • to complete the first semester in the current college
Thank you so much
If you want to change DLI, you continue with the program and complete a semester. Then in August change DLI. This way you also don’t need a PAL.

emmanuelnwobu

Oct 20, 2023
Good morning
Please can someone help me on this question
Can someone get admission to a bachelor's degree with a national diploma
because I see that HND is higher than ND so an confuse on this two things
please
I will need clarification

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good morning
Please can someone help me on this question
Can someone get admission to a bachelor's degree with a national diploma
because I see that HND is higher than ND so an confuse on this two things
please
I will need clarification

Thanks
Ask the school you want to attend.

emmanuelnwobu

Oct 20, 2023
Thanks for replying to me
I have been admitted already
Is because of IRCC that is why am asking if ND can get into bachelor degree
I don't want them to saying again that my study don't make sense as they did before because I want to use my ND to apply for study permit
I have been admitted to bachelor of agribusiness degree but I have national diploma
I don't want them to say why didn't I have HND, why am I going for degree because I asked my school this question but they said IRCC decision is out of their hands

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for replying to me
I have been admitted already
Is because of IRCC that is why am asking if ND can get into bachelor degree
I don't want them to saying again that my study don't make sense as they did before because I want to use my ND to apply for study permit
I have been admitted to bachelor of agribusiness degree but I have national diploma
I don't want them to say why didn't I have HND, why am I going for degree because I asked my school this question but they said IRCC decision is out of their hands
In your SOP, explain the education progression and career advancement. Justify costs of the program with showing that you will make so much more money than you do now.

kac_hy

Jan 29, 2024
Ask the school you want to attend.
Please. I have applied for a study permit in January but my application was returned because of attestation letter. Please when filling the form for a new application shld I put the UCI number of my previous returned application in the UCI spot for the new application?.

emmanuelnwobu

Oct 20, 2023
In my own turn, it was the school that sent the the PAL form, I filled it and sent it back to them, an now I have my PAL letter, your latter should have all the information about your program