+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Status lost

subham012

May 8, 2024
Hey there I had been withdrawn from my course as I failed in aug 2023 and my study permit expired on march 2024 and now I am out of status and I just have one month left for the restoration I wanted to know what are the various options or paths I can choose to fix my immigration status

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey there I had been withdrawn from my course as I failed in aug 2023 and my study permit expired on march 2024 and now I am out of status and I just have one month left for the restoration I wanted to know what are the various options or paths I can choose to fix my immigration status
Don’t think you can restore. You have been without status longer than that as your permit would have cancelled when you dropped out. If you didn’t go to school in the Fall and Winter semesters then you were without status. If you were working, you were working illegally. Try restoring to visitor and see what happens.

subham012

May 8, 2024
Don’t think you can restore. You have been without status longer than that as your permit would have cancelled when you dropped out. If you didn’t go to school in the Fall and Winter semesters then you were without status. If you were working, you were working illegally. Try restoring to visitor and see what happens.
No I have not worked but also not joined any colleges…So I am confused and dont know whether its possible to restore to visitor from study permit or not

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

subham012

May 8, 2024
So in the site it says you have to wait 6 months before you apply for another study or work permit so does this 6 month count from the day I stopped working or how does it work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So in the site it says you have to wait 6 months before you apply for another study or work permit so does this 6 month count from the day I stopped working or how does it work?
Nothing to do with working as you were on a study permit. It could be from when your study permit was cancelled or when it expired.