+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice on Contacting IRCC About Fingerprint Deadline for Citizenship Application

mack1982

Mar 10, 2014
Hi everyone,

I received an email from IRCC on May 1, 2024, stating that they need my fingerprints to process my citizenship application. I provided my fingerprints last year, so I assume they've now expired.

Currently, I’m in the US on a J2 Visa with an EAD and am employed here. Planning a visit to Canada will require some logistics:

• Applying for vacation days from work
  • Arranging flights and hotel accommodations
  • Renewing my J2 Visa stamp once in Canada
  • Providing my fingerprints to the RCMP
IRCC wants the fingerprints submitted within 30 days, but I won't be able to meet this deadline. Does anyone know how I can contact IRCC to inform them about my situation and request an extension?

Thanks in advance!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received an email from IRCC on May 1, 2024, stating that they need my fingerprints to process my citizenship application. I provided my fingerprints last year, so I assume they've now expired.

Currently, I’m in the US on a J2 Visa with an EAD and am employed here. Planning a visit to Canada will require some logistics:

• Applying for vacation days from work
  • Arranging flights and hotel accommodations
  • Renewing my J2 Visa stamp once in Canada
  • Providing my fingerprints to the RCMP
IRCC wants the fingerprints submitted within 30 days, but I won't be able to meet this deadline. Does anyone know how I can contact IRCC to inform them about my situation and request an extension?

Thanks in advance!
Why don't you submit FP from US itself?

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check