+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec 2011 applicants Damascus office

ambr85

May 11, 2011
Hi everyone,
Just a question...I have applied for Quebec skilled worker through Damascus office in February 2011 and so far I have not received anything and not even my credit card has been charged....Tfor the past month, the automatic reply that I receive from Damascus office indicates that they are still opening documents received before 29 December 2010....I was wondering if anyone within my time frame has received their file number....lets keep eachother informed here

Cheers

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hi, im also appling the same this mo. but im confused because right now there is political uncertainties in syria,,, im a nurse working in dubai..glad u already started
ur application, lets keep in touch, whats ur prof and where u from bydway?

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
The situation in Syria is worsening day by day, the intensity of these uncertainties are such that BIQ Damascus has canceled all its June and July interviews...so friends you can make out from this decision of BIQ Damascus that there is something going wrong over there so you should have patience and broad vision.

Hope everything comes to an end in Syria and situation turns normal.

ambr85

May 11, 2011
It is just so frustrating that it will take this much time to process our documents...I wish I had sent my application to their office in Vienna since I am resident in Austria (Iranian national) and it only takes up to 30 working days to receive the file number.

anyways...I just heard that they have sent all the dossiers to Montreal and the office in Damascus is closed. we will have to wait for over 8 months now to receive the file number!

marcos1230

Apr 14, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
9-05-2011
it's not exactly true what you're saying about the time it takes to have your file opened in vienna. i sent my application at the beginning of january and only at the beginning of may did i receive a letter saying that they charged my credit card and assigned me a case number.

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
im about to send my documents this week but u said its closed? where did u get the news can u send me a link to confirm it coz im confuse where to send, im in dubai

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
genona said:
im about to send my documents this week but u said its closed? where did u get the news can u send me a link to confirm it coz im confuse where to send, im in dubai
if you work in Dubai then send your application to Abu Dhabi office, it is your regional office and the process is much faster, my friend got his CSQ without an interview or even proof of french in 4 months and then he got the visa in 9 months, so the whole process took him around a year, but that was like 2 years ago, i think the process is a bit longer now. He used to reside in Kuwait, he applied to Damascus office but they sent his file to abu dhabi be cause he used to reside in kuwait. and now he is in canada and very happy. i wish all of us get our visa soon

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
PER RECEIVED: 20 SEP 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band 8)
Med's Request
Nov 23 2011, via snail mail.
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Soon.... I am having a white Christmas in 2012. Thank you Jesus.
genona said:
hi, im also appling the same this mo. but im confused because right now there is political uncertainties in syria,,, im a nurse working in dubai..glad u already started
ur application, lets keep in touch, whats ur prof and where u from bydway?
Since you are in Dubai, you can apply Via London Office. It used to be faster then Damascus but now it is a bit slower. The difference is that you won't have political problems in London as you have in Syria.

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hi guys! thx for the reply.. i already sent my application last week of may in montreal office because that what they said since damascus office is now closed thats why i sent it there..until now i dont have any update yet,,

jorjjj

Sep 1, 2011
Hey There
I applied to the Damascus office from Lebanon on 20-Jan-2011

Concerning your question, I saw the following news:
"Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus closed as of May 31, 2011

Written by Arton Capital - Friday, 13 May 2011 19:06
For the safety of its clients and staff as well as for maintaining the proper treatment of its immigration cases in the current context in some parts of the Middle East, the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities chose to close the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus as of May 31, 2011. Immigration activities held there will now be conducted from the department offices in Montreal.

This news involves no changes to the business category clients, whose treatment has already been based in Montreal in recent years.

Selection interviews conducted by the Ministry with the candidates from Middle East will be held on neighboring territories easily accessible for clients. This practice, common to the Department, is already used in different territories.

The Department is looking forward to continue its activities from the Middle East with the same diligence as quickly as possible."

And Btw, a couple of weeks, i got an SMS confirming the application transaction, that it was done successfully, and the source was in Montreal
So the file arrived in there, and started processing

Hope It Helped....
R-
Georges

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
Jet said:
if you work in Dubai then send your application to Abu Dhabi office, it is your regional office and the process is much faster, my friend got his CSQ without an interview or even proof of french in 4 months and then he got the visa in 9 months, so the whole process took him around a year, but that was like 2 years ago, i think the process is a bit longer now. He used to reside in Kuwait, he applied to Damascus office but they sent his file to abu dhabi be cause he used to reside in kuwait. and now he is in canada and very happy. i wish all of us get our visa

hi jet, i sent my application to montreal as stated in their website that middle east applicants for damascus office should mailed it to their office in montreal since damamscus is now closed...

patience

Star Member
Mar 13, 2008
trinidad and tobago
Category........
Visa Office......
port of spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 11 2009
Doc's Request.