+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person to PR

dsmith123

Aug 15, 2019
I become a protected person in Jun 2023 and applied for PR in June 2023. In September, I was asked to submit my police clearance from overseas which I did. In December, they asked for my biometrics, which I did do. My biometrics show up as valid for 10 years under the top box, but under the section description, it still says biometrics not received. I am not too concerned as this might be a glitch. However, my main concern is on my application. Any thoughts on what to do to know what's happening to my application? How long is it still expected to take?

shaz1983

Star Member
May 3, 2024
Hi Could you please share your timeline of your refugee process?

I become a protected person in Jun 2023 and applied for PR in June 2023. In September, I was asked to submit my police clearance from overseas which I did. In December, they asked for my biometrics, which I did do. My biometrics show up as valid for 10 years under the top box, but under the section description, it still says biometrics not received. I am not too concerned as this might be a glitch. However, my main concern is on my application. Any thoughts on what to do to know what's happening to my application? How long is it still expected to take?

dsmith123

Aug 15, 2019
I came in September 2018 and had my first hearing in May 2022 and final one in May 2023. It kept on getting postponed.

dsmith123

Aug 15, 2019
Yes that’s right and I always had technical issues with teams either on my end or their end. So it was just the luck towards the end of the process.

Reactions: shaz1983