+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Financial Support for Study Permit Extension - 2024!!!

Shivrajsinh

Sep 20, 2018
Hi all,

I need advice on supporting documents for my sister's study permit extension. She moved to Canada in August '23 as a student and needs to extend her study permit which is expiring in July '24. She has some savings, but not enough to prove that she will be able to cover all expenses. I'll be supporting her stay, including fees, and was wondering which documents to attach. I'm thinking:

1. Her bank statement (3)
2. Her old pay stubs (2) - she moved to a new place and has yet to find a job.
3. My pay stubs (3) - I am working full-time as a project manager.

Any advice from those with similar experiences? I already paid the fees for one semester.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I need advice on supporting documents for my sister's study permit extension. She moved to Canada in August '23 as a student and needs to extend her study permit which is expiring in July '24. She has some savings, but not enough to prove that she will be able to cover all expenses. I'll be supporting her stay, including fees, and was wondering which documents to attach. I'm thinking:

1. Her bank statement (3)
2. Her old pay stubs (2) - she moved to a new place and has yet to find a job.
3. My pay stubs (3) - I am working full-time as a project manager.

Any advice from those with similar experiences? I already paid the fees for one semester.

Thanks.
You’ll need to show your savings.

Shivrajsinh

Sep 20, 2018
Savings or Paystubs? So write a letter explaining the situation and attach my banking details (main) along with her bank statements (which are not solid enough to prove her capability to survive on her own)?