+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Discrepancy

Zbashiri11

Feb 1, 2018
Hey folks,

After a long wait almost 14 months now I received from IRCC a letter indicating that the physical presence calculator I submitted with my citizenship application has discrepancies with the Canadian entry history collected from the Canadian Boarder Service agency.

They requested a new presence calculator and official translation of my passports showing translation to all visa and stamp

The discrepancy they are referring to includes an entry to Person Airport where I was suppose to fly out at that day but I was denied at the gate for being late for the flight and had to to reschedule for another flight after one week.

When I was denied at the gate at that day, I had to go through the arrival terminal and pass through immigration where the recorded me arriving to Canada and supposing that I was away beforehand , I am really frustrated about all of this. Any suggestions or thoughts as my original preference calculations are correct and the discrepancy appears is not from my end :(

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hey folks,

After a long wait almost 14 months now I received from IRCC a letter indicating that the physical presence calculator I submitted with my citizenship application has discrepancies with the Canadian entry history collected from the Canadian Boarder Service agency.

They requested a new presence calculator and official translation of my passports showing translation to all visa and stamp

The discrepancy they are referring to includes an entry to Person Airport where I was suppose to fly out at that day but I was denied at the gate for being late for the flight and had to to reschedule for another flight after one week.

When I was denied at the gate at that day, I had to go through the arrival terminal and pass through immigration where the recorded me arriving to Canada and supposing that I was away beforehand , I am really frustrated about all of this. Any suggestions or thoughts as my original preference calculations are correct and the discrepancy appears is not from my end :(
The best advice is to do what they are requesting the earliest as possible otherwise it will cause more delays or application being cancelled

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Since you passed the customs, just add that exit and entry to your physical presence and say in the text part that you were denied boarding after arriving late to the gate.
This missing entry/exit doesn't matter as it has no effect on your accumulated number of days, so don't worry about it.
Make the needed corrections, make sure the new physical presence still makes you eligible and above the 1095 days threshold, and send it.

Reactions: scylla

roissingue

Aug 15, 2020
Hey Zbashiri11.
Thanks for sharing and hope your application will be granted soon.

I applied for citizenship in March 2024 and was through the exact very same incident on 2021 (check my thread: Missed flight and travel history. )
I was pretty much sure it was something that might considerably slow my application, even if people were telling me the opposite.

I kinda anticipated it so I applied by paper (not online) and added an entry to my calculator (without selecting a country) to document the incident, looking like this:
2021-12-182021-12-18Please select a countryDid not leave Canada. Missed an international connecting flight fromToronto Pearson terminal 1 to Paris Charles De Gaule(France) at the gate in the international/transit zone. I had to clear immigration to leave theairport accordingly to Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 18(2). AirCanada booked me on a flight the next day. A travel proof letter from AirCanada is joint to my application.0.0

I also added a proof of travel letter from Air Canada stating that I did not board and that I was rebooked for the next day.
Now that the processing time is down to 8 months, I'll be monitoring my application closely to make sure it won't be delayed because of that.

I PMed you btw :)

Last edited:

dound2018

Mar 8, 2019
Hey Zbashiri11.
Thanks for sharing and hope your application will be granted soon.

I applied for citizenship in March 2024 and was through the exact very same incident on 2021 (check my thread: Missed flight and travel history. )
I was pretty much sure it was something that might considerably slow my application, even if people were telling me the opposite.

I kinda anticipated it so I applied by paper (not online) and added an entry to my calculator (without selecting a country) to document the incident, looking like this:
2021-12-182021-12-18Please select a countryDid not leave Canada. Missed an international connecting flight fromToronto Pearson terminal 1 to Paris Charles De Gaule(France) at the gate in the international/transit zone. I had to clear immigration to leave theairport accordingly to Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 18(2). AirCanada booked me on a flight the next day. A travel proof letter from AirCanada is joint to my application.0.0

I also added a proof of travel letter from Air Canada stating that I did not board and that I was rebooked for the next day.
Now that the processing time is down to 8 months, I'll be monitoring my application closely to make sure it won't be delayed because of that.

I PMed you btw :)

Hi
I have a question here.
I was denied travel at gate due to technical failure in the plane in qatar.
So i have exit stamp on my passport that was cancelled outside canada. Do u think i should include that
Or no since it has no effect on phyical presence since i was already out of canada

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi
I have a question here.
I was denied travel at gate due to technical failure in the plane in qatar.
So i have exit stamp on my passport that was cancelled outside canada. Do u think i should include that
Or no since it has no effect on phyical presence since i was already out of canada
Once outside Canada your travel don't matter for physical presence calculation. What matters is out and in from Canada.