+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical presence calculator error - please advise

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes that works but technically that means that I am showing that I came back to Canada and left the next day, so is that not incorrect?
You need not even go to the next day. Exit and Entry on the same day is also accepted by the calculator.

2019-12-282020-06-12HungaryOut of Canada0.0
2020-06-122020-09-06HungaryOut of Canada 285.0

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I was actually outside Canada from 28-Dec-2019 to 6-Sept-2020 and I got my PR confirmation on 12-June-2020.

Do you see this as an issue with my PR as it was issued when I was outside Canada and there was no actual landing procedure due to covid? There was no virtual landing as well during the time when I got the confirmation letter for PR.

Also I dont have one year left, I have a couple of months left in eligibility as I get a 365 day credit for temporary residence status as well.

Thanks a lot for your help.
This is very strange.
I believe eCOPR is only for people inside Canada. You may have gotten this because IRCC mis-understood that you were inside Canada. (virtual landing or not.. I don't believe it matters)
From the posts I saw, people outside get PPR or mailed COPR if they decided to travel during COVID or they can defer landing until later and notify IRCC to issue them COPR or stamp on passport when they were ready to travel. Your case is pretty unusual.

Reactions: scylla

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
This is very strange.
I believe eCOPR is only for people inside Canada. You may have gotten this because IRCC mis-understood that you were inside Canada. (virtual landing or not.. I don't believe it matters)
From the posts I saw, people outside get PPR or mailed COPR if they decided to travel during COVID or they can defer landing until later and notify IRCC to issue them COPR or stamp on passport when they were ready to travel. Your case is pretty unusual.
I agree here is very strange not something I have heard or seen b4. normally outland does not land until in Canada, and during covid IRCC extended COPR's etc so did you confirm you were in Canada cause that is the only reason i can see i can only find this on IRCC help centre so not sure how they would count this. but my assumption would be that only the time you spend in Canada will get counted so does not matter when you become PR, and is most likely an error with their calculator, or something they plan to review later.

I will tag @canuck78 while we will never agree on how he/she/they talk to folks lol :) he/she/they are very knowledgeable and know a lot and might be able to guide you.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is very strange.
I agree with this. It feels to me like something went wrong here.

Fred3456

Aug 19, 2022
I agree here is very strange not something I have heard or seen b4. normally outland does not land until in Canada, and during covid IRCC extended COPR's etc so did you confirm you were in Canada cause that is the only reason i can see i can only find this on IRCC help centre so not sure how they would count this. but my assumption would be that only the time you spend in Canada will get counted so does not matter when you become PR, and is most likely an error with their calculator, or something they plan to review later.

I will tag @canuck78 while we will never agree on how he/she/they talk to folks lol :) he/she/they are very knowledgeable and know a lot and might be able to guide you.
Hi, I am actually an inland candidate as I completed my University in Canada and applied when I was in Canada. I went back to my home country on vacation after submitting my application but unfortunately because of COVID I was not able to travel back on my planned date and my PR was issued while I was outside Canada.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi, I am actually an inland candidate as I completed my University in Canada and applied when I was in Canada. I went back to my home country on vacation after submitting my application but unfortunately because of COVID I was not able to travel back on my planned date and my PR was issued while I was outside Canada.

Can you send IRCC a Web form and see if they guide you on how to calculate? and then share it with us this is a unique situation to me i would love to know how you get around the error you get.

Good luck

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Use the paper form instead of the online calculator.

Reactions: Canadianthisyear

bubagump

Nov 5, 2018
Same situation here. Got eCOPR and automatic landing while I was in another country during COVID. The calculator throws up the same error.

While one could adjust dates and make the calculator work if they have enough presence days, it would be lying to IRCC.

Last edited:

Fred3456

Aug 19, 2022
Hi All,
Apologies for the delay in response as I was trying to figure it out and submit my application correctly. I decided to submit my application by splitting the dates and writing an explanation letter. Which was the suggestion from few members in this thread. I called IRCC and agents told me to split the dates and write an explanation. The agents also told me its my choice to submit either paper or online, it does not matter as long as you are explaining the situation.

Therefore based on the advise of members in this group and IRCC agents, i submited my application.

I also received my AOR few days ago.

Reactions: YVR123

surfer18

May 11, 2024
Hello @Fred3456 I am also, getting the same error when I try to calculate my physical presence in Canada.
  • You have entered an absence from Canada on the same date that you became a Permanent Resident, check to ensure your dates are correct.
How did you get the error fixed and what steps did you do next.
Can you please share some solution it would be of great help to me.

Thank you very much In advance.