+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport guarantor and references - how often are they contacted for regular non-urgent applications

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Just got my oath done and will be applying for passport next week. I am planning on doing a walk-in, non-urgent application as I have travel to US in end June so I think I have enough time.
My guarantor will be traveling within the next month and I was worried if they might miss the call from Passport office. So I was curious about how often are guarantors and references called for non-urgent apps?
What happens if they miss a call?
Can they call back?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just got my oath done and will be applying for passport next week. I am planning on doing a walk-in, non-urgent application as I have travel to US in end June so I think I have enough time.
My guarantor will be traveling within the next month and I was worried if they might miss the call from Passport office. So I was curious about how often are guarantors and references called for non-urgent apps?
What happens if they miss a call?
Can they call back?
Mostly they don't call. Even if the call is missed, they call back. I was guarantor for urgent passport for my friend, missed the call, got a call the next day again. When I called the number it was going into voicemail, so I dropped a message.

• Love
Reactions: armoured and mark56