+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
Hello all, i am a dependant person of a protected personn.Pr applicant for my husband and myself + children is proceeded simultanusly. sponsorship application submitted on octobre 2020, medical + biometrics done on march 2023, but still no reply from IRCC. I think at this stage medical is no more valid, there is a one year validity i think? Should we have to redo it. sharing my timeline here below. Application is now 42 months in process.Is anyone in a similar case? what are our options? it is really very hard to wait not knowing when.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 7, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on December 10, 2020.
  3. We sent you correspondence on December 10, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 2, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 2, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on March 2, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.
Did you get your timeline from CAS

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
Hello all, i am a dependant person of a protected personn.Pr applicant for my husband and myself + children is proceeded simultanusly. sponsorship application submitted on octobre 2020, medical + biometrics done on march 2023, but still no reply from IRCC. I think at this stage medical is no more valid, there is a one year validity i think? Should we have to redo it. sharing my timeline here below. Application is now 42 months in process.Is anyone in a similar case? what are our options? it is really very hard to wait not knowing when.

Permanent Residence
  3. We sent you correspondence on December 10, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 2, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 2, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on March 2, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
What VO?

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023

Permanent Residence
What VO?

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Can we send an email to the minister? Our VO has been unresponsive and our MP apparently cannot do anything so I can’t think of someone else to contact

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hello,
I was reading through the 2021/2022 posts in this thread and apparently most overseas applications were finalized in less than 8 months, even though there was covid!! What has happened since then I don’t get it?

Reactions: Melsi

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
Hello,
I was reading through the 2021/2022 posts in this thread and apparently most overseas applications were finalized in less than 8 months, even though there was covid!! What has happened since then I don’t get it?
Honestly I don't know. I can't help but think there is a quota allotted to this class and they just have to stick to it. My application will be 50 months tomorrow and it's still waiting
So it's not what anyone can explain. I just wish I can take my mind off it and focus on something else however I can't because family is involved
It is well

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Honestly I don't know. I can't help but think there is a quota allotted to this class and they just have to stick to it. My application will be 50 months tomorrow and it's still waiting
So it's not what anyone can explain. I just wish I can take my mind off it and focus on something else however I can't because family is involved
It is well
You are not alone, we’re all stressed out

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello,
Influx of applications both for protected persons and others like people that got PR through the medical pathway. The increase in decisions during the COVID period meant that a lot of refugees became protected persons and applied for PR too and included their dependents outside Canada.

I think that everything has eased off and processing times have started coming down. Overseas dependents of protected persons’ processing time has dropped to 47 months from 48 months. It used to be less than 40 months until it grew exponentially. I see it dropping further with time because asylum seekers aren’t crossing borders anymore. A lot of the refugees in Canada crossed the border from the United States .