+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open or close work permit after PNP a approval?

Dec 9, 2023
I have applied under employer job offer category it is clear that i we with same employer and also i have issue that my post graduation work permit is expiring soon, how i will be able to maintain my status till decission on my oinp application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied under employer job offer category it is clear that i we with same employer and also i have issue that my post graduation work permit is expiring soon, how i will be able to maintain my status till decission on my oinp application
All OINP states is that when you apply you maintain your status. I don’t see anywhere that you must be working in the job while the application is processed. Please post the OINP statement that you are referring to. So you can be a visitor as that is maintaining your status. You may be eligible for a BOWP once you have AOR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Last edited:

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
I cannot apply for a Post graduate work permit since I had that before. My question is how do I get a work permit then and continue working till my Permanent Residence is processed. My process takes 15 months Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin and it's hard to stay here all the time as visitor. Is anyone in the situation as me.

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I cannot apply for a Post graduate work permit since I had that before. My question is how do I get a work permit then and continue working till my Permanent Residence is processed. My process takes 15 months and it's hard to stay here all the time as visitor. Is anyone in the situation as me.
If you want to extend work permit without AOR , only option is apply for closed work permit. Your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees and then give you that job number starting with A123467899 nine digits. You have to put that job number in your work permit application and attach copy of nomination letter, work permit support letter and fees receipt.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html.

Dhiman0907

Dec 23, 2023
If you want to extend work permit without AOR , only option is apply for closed work permit. Your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees and then give you that job number starting with A123467899 nine digits. You have to put that job number in your work permit application and attach copy of nomination letter, work permit support letter and fees receipt.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html.
Hey i have quick question, what if employer said he doesn’t do the employer portal thing and i am awaiting for copr, my work is about to expire in January 2024, what are the options i got.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey i have quick question, what if employer said he doesn’t do the employer portal thing and i am awaiting for copr, my work is about to expire in January 2024, what are the options i got.
If your application is tied to your employer you can’t quit working before you get pr . Also you can’t change your status to visitor . In this case you have no option rather than confessing your employer to apply for work permit.

Dhiman0907

Dec 23, 2023
If your application is tied to your employer you can’t quit working before you get pr . Also you can’t change your status to visitor . In this case you have no option rather than confessing your employer to apply for work permit.
I will try, one more thing can i go to border and do flagpole and get my work permit?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I will try, one more thing can i go to border and do flagpole and get my work permit?
You can get closed work permit however id depend on your nomination certificate. If you have employer restrictions on your nomination letter only option is getting closed work permit for which you need joh offer and employer have to submit that . If you have no employer restrictions on nomination letter you can apply BOWP with help of AOR letter online or goto border. I would suggest you to apply online rather than going to border. Quick question do you have employer restrictions on nomination letter?

Dhiman0907

Dec 23, 2023
You can get closed work permit however id depend on your nomination certificate. If you have employer restrictions on your nomination letter only option is getting closed work permit for which you need joh offer and employer have to submit that . If you have no employer restrictions on nomination letter you can apply BOWP with help of AOR letter online or goto border. I would suggest you to apply online rather than going to border. Quick question do you have employer restrictions on nomination letter?
Yes i have employer restriction on my nomination, but i also got supporting letter as well with my pnp.

jake j

May 2, 2024
In this case only option is closed work permit and submitting job offer in employer portal is mandatory.
HI Miss Bee

If I have a non-EE application AOR and the PNP nomination letter says my employment is restricted.

Can I apply for BOWP without the employer having to do anything?

Regards

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
HI Miss Bee

If I have a non-EE application AOR and the PNP nomination letter says my employment is restricted.

Can I apply for BOWP without the employer having to do anything?

Regards
No . If you have employer restrictions on your nomination letter, you can only apply closed work permit.

Reactions: jake j

jake j

May 2, 2024
No . If you have employer restrictions on your nomination letter, you can only apply closed work permit.
Yes that i completely understand, I will only get a closed WP now,

But the SINP WP support letter says section R204(c) – T13 applies in my case. On the official GC website, this section says a couple of things

"have an LMIA-exempt offer of employment from an employer based in the nominating province
The employer submitted the offer in the Employer Portal and is subject to the employer compliance regime"

"Have an LMIA-exempt offer of employment submitted in the Employer Portal (or through an alternate submission if it was approved) and proof the employer has paid the employer compliance fee"

What does this mean, My employer has to get a LIMA?
Or only pay an LMIA fee?

And thank you for the help

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yo
Yes that i completely understand, I will only get a closed WP now,

But the SINP WP support letter says section R204(c) – T13 applies in my case. On the official GC website, this section says a couple of things

"have an LMIA-exempt offer of employment from an employer based in the nominating province
The employer submitted the offer in the Employer Portal and is subject to the employer compliance regime"

"Have an LMIA-exempt offer of employment submitted in the Employer Portal (or through an alternate submission if it was approved) and proof the employer has paid the employer compliance fee"

What does this mean, My employer has to get a LIMA?
Or only pay an LMIA fee?

And thank you for the help
Your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 fees . That job offer number will start with A1234456789 followed by nine digits. Then that job number you have to put in your work permit application and attach other documents like nomination letter, work permit support letter, job letter along with 3 paystubs and $230 fees receipt copy and submit work permit application online along with work permit fees too .

Reactions: jake j