+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Mar 30, 2024
Hi there,
If you are eligible for ONIP, then you don't need ILETS.
hi everyone,
i have done my B - TECH from chandigarh university in 2021 and i have been working for a software developer role in it firm from last 3 years and i have also done IELTS with 8,7,7,7
and i wish to apply Ontario pnp from india is there any options available to me please assist me anybody and if i apply for other province pnp in case i get pnp of manitoba from india then should i have to come to manitoba after pnp or i could directly apply for pr from india after getting pnp of manitoba please assist me about the whole process.

TSQUARE

Jun 16, 2015
Thank you.

On your last point, I already got letter from my employer which has all the information such as no of employees and finance. So thing is sorted for now.
No. letter of employment and references are very different from OINP Employer Form. Please check the OINP website and check out what information is needed in filling out that form and start discussing with your employer beforehand. The form must be completed and signed by 2 or 3 of your company management staff/ direct manager and HR etc. Also search this forum for discussions regarding OINP Employer form. Your employment letter doesn't cover those information.

All the best.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No. letter of employment and references are very different from OINP Employer Form. Please check the OINP website and check out what information is needed in filling out that form and start discussing with your employer beforehand. The form must be completed and signed by 2 or 3 of your company management staff/ direct manager and HR etc. Also search this forum for discussions regarding OINP Employer form. Your employment letter doesn't cover those information.

All the best.
As I mentioned before it is indeed OINP form which is signed by HR and management from the company, I got reference letter separately.

Mayt

Feb 3, 2021
@Naturgrl @scylla

Dear All,

I am reaching out to seek your professional advice regarding my immigration situation.

Regarding Permanent Residency Options - LMIA and OINP Non-Express Entry

I have recently obtained both an LMIA ( Labour Market Impact Assessment from Halifax, Nova scotia employer got the visa as well) and been nominated through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) non-Express Entry stream from Ontario employer. However, I am uncertain about which option would be most beneficial for my goal of obtaining permanent residency in Canada in the fastest way possible.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise in helping me evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each option, considering factors such as processing times, eligibility requirements, and the likelihood of success. Additionally, if there are any alternative immigration pathways that I should consider based on my circumstances, I would be eager to explore those as well.

Thank you very much for considering my inquiry. I look forward to your guidance and expertise in navigating my immigration journey.
My highest motive is I wanted to get the PR as early as possible and the same I have informed both the employers for which they agreed.

Warm rgds
Mayt

• Love
Reactions: imansoor

Sarper

Mar 7, 2024
@Naturgrl @scylla

Dear All,

I am reaching out to seek your professional advice regarding my immigration situation.

I have recently obtained both an LMIA ( Labour Market Impact Assessment from Halifax, Nova scotia employer got the visa as well) and been nominated through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) non-Express Entry stream from Ontario employer. However, I am uncertain about which option would be most beneficial for my goal of obtaining permanent residency in Canada in the fastest way possible.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise in helping me evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each option, considering factors such as processing times, eligibility requirements, and the likelihood of success. Additionally, if there are any alternative immigration pathways that I should consider based on my circumstances, I would be eager to explore those as well.

Thank you very much for considering my inquiry. I look forward to your guidance and expertise in navigating my immigration journey.
My highest motive is I wanted to get the PR as early as possible and the same I have informed both the employers for which they agreed.

Warm rgds
Mayt
Hi Mayt,

Firstly, congrats!

You have 2 options for the PR process, LMIA's way is fast and easy to get a PR card. After the express entry draw, you can be selected depending on your pointS. You can check Express Entry processing time from web site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html It takes 5 months after you apply.

On the other hand, you have OINP like me. It takes 12 months after you apply. If we're lucky, less than 12!

The advantage of LMIA-Express Entry is faster than OINP but OINP guarantees. For example, if you get a nominee from OINP and apply to PR, you are sure that you will get PR at the end of the time. Express Entry is unsure because of points. You need to get points and then apply.

I think you can apply both and wait on like first come first serve :)

Good luck

Mayt

Feb 3, 2021
@scylla @Naturgrl

Hi Mayt,

Firstly, congrats!

You have 2 options for the PR process, LMIA's way is fast and easy to get a PR card. After the express entry draw, you can be selected depending on your pointS. You can check Express Entry processing time from web site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html It takes 5 months after you apply.

On the other hand, you have OINP like me. It takes 12 months after you apply. If we're lucky, less than 12!

The advantage of LMIA-Express Entry is faster than OINP but OINP guarantees. For example, if you get a nominee from OINP and apply to PR, you are sure that you will get PR at the end of the time. Express Entry is unsure because of points. You need to get points and then apply.

I think you can apply both and wait on like first come first serve :)

Good luck
@Sarper
Appreciate for your reply,

agreed that LMIA is faster when you get PNP which you will get only after certain period in that province(my province is NS) only. that is minimum 6-12 months at least.

and my score with IELTS it is less than 300 due to age and low IELTS score. If I get PNP than it is 600+300.

where as the OINP (Non-EE) now it is in submitted status if I get employer support letter and WP+Visa+PR application how much time it will take overall process from now which is crucial to calculate.
where as LMIA process: I have got my visa stamping and now ready to fly but the scenario is this is not straight away PR process it is still not started yet. WP+EXP+PNP+ITA-EE & non-EE overall how much time it will take.?

this is I'm unable to compare . and due to home shortage crisis in Canada and other global crisis what is the guarantee that even PNP draws in future? if govt changes.
Honestly, I am all confused and puzzled.

OINP-FWS: Not received yet the work permit support letter
LMIA: I have got the visa stamping and ready to fly to NS.

Please advise as I need to confirm to employers.

With rgds
Mayt

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@Naturgrl @scylla

Dear All,

Warm rgds
Mayt
I'm not an immigration professional and don't know what is going to happen in the future. I don't feel comfortable telling you which is better. You'll need to make a decision yourself based on the information you have available. Good luck.

Reactions: Mayt and Sarper

Mayt

Feb 3, 2021
I'm not an immigration professional and don't know what is going to happen in the future. I don't feel comfortable telling you which is better. You'll need to make a decision yourself based on the information you have available. Good luck.
I understand that,
but we have better immi-fluencers than immigration lawyers in this forum.
Nowadays the immigration rules and scenarios are getting changed very fast and until unless we are not in PR pool it is difficult to think that to get the PR...!

my main goal is to get the PR ASAP to get ride of tenseness.
Hence, I asked the information in the frum.

with regd
Mayt

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Hello. I’ve got 54 points under OINP employer foreign workers stream program. My CRS score is 482. NOC 12100 (not tech, stem or healthcare) Anyone else in a similar position waiting for a miracle to happen. What are our chances we will get picked up in 2024-2025? Work permit is expiring first half of next year.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello. I’ve got 54 points under OINP employer foreign workers stream program. My CRS score is 482. NOC 12100 (not tech, stem or healthcare) Anyone else in a similar position waiting for a miracle to happen. What are our chances we will get picked up in 2024-2025? Work permit is expiring first half of next year.
I have same score like you 54 but CRS 438 way less than yours. I am hoping to see OINP general draw sometime in May/June 2024. There was last draw on Feb 2024 I think with score of 50.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandydias