+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Application - Name Change

Yami007

Jan 21, 2019
Hi,
I did a name change in Canada post divorce , but my Indian Passport have my previous name.I have name change certificate, do I still need notarized affadavit for new OCI application.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
I did a name change in Canada post divorce , but my Indian Passport have my previous name.I have name change certificate, do I still need notarized affadavit for new OCI application.
I dont think so you need one. since you have a name change certificate available. That should suffice

Reactions: Yami007

adesai21

Oct 16, 2018
Canada
Hi,

I applied for an OCI name change and submitted my provincial name change certificate. A few days ago, I received my application back in the mail requesting a notarized affidavit for the name change in my OCI card and Canadian passport. The letter also instructed me to mention my previous name exactly as it appears on my Indian passport in the application form.

Additionally, there's no provision in the online form to enter my new name if I mention my old name. I suppose I'll have to utilize the notes column to include my new name.

Additional Info: I got my name change certificate from Ontario & got a new Canadian passport with an updated name & driver's License, too, before applying for OCI Misc Service.

Long story short, I think you must attach an affidavit to save time and money.

Yami007

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks , I called them last week, I they insisted for the affidavit. I dont despite of having a name change certificate why they need other documents. Anyways, thanks :) shall keep inform you as well , if I get any other information regarding this.

Reactions: adesai21

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I applied for an OCI name change and submitted my provincial name change certificate. A few days ago, I received my application back in the mail requesting a notarized affidavit for the name change in my OCI card and Canadian passport. The letter also instructed me to mention my previous name exactly as it appears on my Indian passport in the application form.

Additionally, there's no provision in the online form to enter my new name if I mention my old name. I suppose I'll have to utilize the notes column to include my new name.

Additional Info: I got my name change certificate from Ontario & got a new Canadian passport with an updated name & driver's License, too, before applying for OCI Misc Service.

Long story short, I think you must attach an affidavit to save time and money.
Can anyone please send me where can i get affidavit or sample ?