+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form for Minors(less than 14 years)

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear Friends,

I receently completed oath ceremony along with 2 minor children. The letter received by IRCC for oath had instructions that parent has to sign, sign and send the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form for minor childrens. However, during the oath ceremony we were told that there is no need to send the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form's of children 14 years.

I checked with officer and they told that it's a new process.

Does anyone of you had a similar experience. Please let me know.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Dear Friends,

I receently completed oath ceremony along with 2 minor children. The letter received by IRCC for oath had instructions that parent has to sign, sign and send the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form for minor childrens. However, during the oath ceremony we were told that there is no need to send the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form's of children 14 years.

I checked with officer and they told that it's a new process.

Does anyone of you had a similar experience. Please let me know.
I advise you follow the instructions on the letter sent by IRCC as it is an official document. It is better to err on the side of caution.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I was told I never had to sign and I did receive my child's certificate without worries.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I advise you follow the instructions on the letter sent by IRCC as it is an official document. It is better to err on the side of caution.
Thanks.

However, i already sent documents scanned by mine. Can i send children's separately ? The officer told when i asked that in letter it's given to send theirs as well, then she told that that there has been changes since the communication and don't need to send theirs.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
My oath was Nov 22nd.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
All I did was sent the the form without a signature to IRCC along with mine in the same email but as separate attachments.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hi Stuntxd9,

Was that communucated to you during Oath ceremony that no need to sign, scan and document to IRCC for minors ? inspite of having written in Oath ceremony document ?

Please help me to clarify.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hi Stuntxd9,

Was that communucated to you during Oath ceremony that no need to sign, scan and document to IRCC for minors ? inspite of having written in Oath ceremony document ?

Please help me to clarify.
That is correct.