+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Oh I haven't thought of that. Is there a way to confirm this?

I haven't contacted my employer HR yet about this as there's still time until December. I'm thinking of reaching out around October.

I don't know what their reaction would be for supporting closed work permit as I'm working in a hospital in Ontario. I was told a while ago that they don't sponsor work permit for hiring out of Canada.
If you stopped working and went to visitor status, your application for PR will be refused as you can’t stop in middle of PR application processing stage. You have to notify PNP office if you stopped working and they might withdraw your nomination. You should convince your current employer to apply for work permit for you.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I got OINP nomination in April but I'm struggling to get the police records from my home country. Can I do upfront medicals? Do I just book the appointment, get evaluated and submit the report through my PR portal?
You don’t need to submit upfront PCC for non express entry PR applications. For upfront medical you can do it but there is temporary policy if you did medical before for any immigration application for Canada, you don’t need to do again and it will be still valid .

lukash188

May 10, 2020
Hi @Miss bee,
Would you have any advice in this case, please? Will the child become a dependant in our current application? Will I need to submit any additional documents to IRCC? Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi there,

I will briefly describe our situation. We've lived and worked in Canada since 2020 and applied for PR in January 2024. I am a primary applicant and my spouse is a dependant. We received a request to do a medical check a week ago and did it today. As my spouse is pregnant, we requested the doctor to delay the X-ray after our kid is born. I am planning to submit a web form with an explanation letter that we decided to delay the x-ray(we did everything else except the x-ray). What's not clear to me is what the next steps will be after the child has been born. As the child will be born in Canada he will be a Canadian citizen. Hence I believe he won't be dependent on our application as he will be a Canadian citizen. But, am I supposed to submit anything to IRCC to let them know about this event? I tried to do some research on this but I found only cases when the kid was born abroad. However, our child will be born in Canada. If anyone would be willing to clarify what our next steps should be I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi @Miss bee,
Would you have any advice in this case, please? Will the child become a dependant in our current application? Will I need to submit any additional documents to IRCC? Thank you for your help in advance.
After your child is born , you should submit birth certificate through web form. Your child will be already citizen and won’t be dependent on you. You need to send them birth certificate asap once born .