+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Laminated and Torn COPR before My First Landing

Apr 19, 2024
My Application for Permanent Residency in Canada was approved and I received my passport back from VO with Visa stamped Along COPR but unfortunately due to misunderstanding and lack of knowledge i laminated the COPR. I didn’t realize i have to do signatures on it at port of entry hence laminating copr makes it invalid.

I tried to contact my VO many times to reissue Copr by sending webforms and directly sending emails to them but they are not responding. I came to know that at Port of entry CBSA officers can also print copr if needed.

What should i do now?

Should i use my one time immigrant visa and fly to Canada and ask to the officer at Port of entry to print new copr or should i wait for the response from my VO

Appropriate advice will be highly appreciated

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Application for Permanent Residency in Canada was approved and I received my passport back from VO with Visa stamped Along COPR but unfortunately due to misunderstanding and lack of knowledge i laminated the COPR. I didn’t realize i have to do signatures on it at port of entry hence laminating copr makes it invalid.

I tried to contact my VO many times to reissue Copr by sending webforms and directly sending emails to them but they are not responding. I came to know that at Port of entry CBSA officers can also print copr if needed.

What should i do now?

Should i use my one time immigrant visa and fly to Canada and ask to the officer at Port of entry to print new copr or should i wait for the response from my VO

Appropriate advice will be highly appreciated
Don't fly to Canada and go to a land border instead. As you said, CBSA at Port of entry can als print copr if needed.