+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review settlement offer

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Hi,

my spouse got refusal for 4th time. The first two was for FDU, god damn the firm suggested there. The second two was for Queen’s university !! So, we submit an application for court on March 8th, sent a settlement offer on 18th, and got a call from IRCC lawyer on 24th that they will settle. So, now our case will be reopen and redetermine by another officer. Our lawyer who took our case to the court, Matkowsky firm, says that we can update our application now that it’s gonna be reopen and for that they will charge us. My question is that how necessary and beneficial is this updating?? Our case was perfect and the fact that we got settlement offer proves this, but still nervous about getting a refusal again.

any experience????
HI, what was the outcome of your judicial review?

Toronto29

Jun 28, 2022
Hi,

I recently applied for my sister’s TRV and after it got refused, we challenged the decision through the Judicial review process. We got a settlement offer and after the file was sent for redetermination to the embassy, it got refused again. This is a very frustrating outcome and would be helpful if anyone has any insights or similar experiences.

For further background, my sister is an adult dependent (with learning disabilities). My mother is her primary caregiver. She has positive travel history and has frequently travelled to other countries including the UK multiple times in the past 5 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I recently applied for my sister’s TRV and after it got refused, we challenged the decision through the Judicial review process. We got a settlement offer and after the file was sent for redetermination to the embassy, it got refused again. This is a very frustrating outcome and would be helpful if anyone has any insights or similar experiences.

For further background, my sister is an adult dependent (with learning disabilities). My mother is her primary caregiver. She has positive travel history and has frequently travelled to other countries including the UK multiple times in the past 5 years.
Post under Visitor section as this thread is for international students.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
inbox
Hi,

x