+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student dependents

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My study permit was just approved, how can i apply to bring my family along? Open work permit and study permit for my minor children

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019
So you need to show proof of funds for 5 people which is $43k. Apply for SOWP and study permits for kids if school age. Why didn’t you apply together the first time?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html
I didn’t want it to affect my chances of getting approved. Who does the application please? Me or my spouse? Does my spouse apply for the SOWP and add my children to their application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn’t want it to affect my chances of getting approved. Who does the application please? Me or my spouse? Does my spouse apply for the SOWP and add my children to their application?
Spouse applies for SOWP and children apply for study permits. They can apply through your account. Include bank statements over the last 4 months meeting POF of at least $43k.

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019
Spouse applies for SOWP and children apply for study permits. They can apply through your account. Include bank statements over the last 4 months meeting POF of at least $43k.
Thank you! When I click on study permit to apply for my children it is asking for provincial attestation letter or if I qualify for an exception

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you! When I click on study permit to apply for my children it is asking for provincial attestation letter or if I qualify for an exception
Study permit: Get the right documents - Provincial attestation letter - Canada.ca
Who doesn’t need a provincial attestation letter
You do not need a PAL when applying for a study permit if any of the following applies to you:

• You’re applying to study in a preschool, primary school or secondary school (up to grade 12).

Reactions: Naturgrl

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019
Hello, please can I apply for the children through my account and my spouse can apply for SOWP separately? Because when I try to apply for my spouse and click work permit it ask me if “I am a spouse or dependent of a H-1B visa holder” and when I click otherwise it doesn’t allow me save and continue

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, please can I apply for the children through my account and my spouse can apply for SOWP separately? Because when I try to apply for my spouse and click work permit it ask me if “I am a spouse or dependent of a H-1B visa holder” and when I click otherwise it doesn’t allow me save and continue
Apply through your account.

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019
Hello everyone, I am applying for study permits for my dependent children who are minors to join me in Canada. However from the document checklist one of the required documents is “Letter of Acceptance or Letter of Enrollment/Registration”. Please what do I upload? Do I upload my own acceptance letter?

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019