+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Applying for Passport Surrender certificate - Toronto jurisdiction - doing it via mail application and have a few questions. Thanks in advance for clarifying on them :)

1. Do we need to send original Canadian passport or is a copy sufficient?
2. 1 Photograph to be included, right - does it need to be pasted on form or just include it with application?
3. Fees is 117.7 in one single demand draft to "BLS International Services Canada Inc." ?

PG8

Aug 5, 2021
Hi All, I have applied for surrender certificate in BLS Brampton by walk in appointment on 27th April-2024. Still it is displaying as Processing at Consulate General in BLS tracking site. How many days it is taking to get the surrender certificate? Thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All, I have applied for surrender certificate in BLS Brampton by walk in appointment on 27th April-2024. Still it is displaying as Processing at Consulate General in BLS tracking site. How many days it is taking to get the surrender certificate? Thanks.
First check on passport site for current updates. Once printed message comes there then check on BLS site. 2-3 weeks it takes.

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
I applied on the same day and got the certificate on 8th May. As @forw.jane suggested, check your status on the passport seva site; if it says " surrender certificate has been printed," it means your certificate is issued, and you need to contact BLS. You can also check the Purolator tracking randomly with your reference number "24-xxxxx".

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Applying for Passport Surrender certificate - Toronto jurisdiction - doing it via mail application and have a few questions. Thanks in advance for clarifying on them :)

1. Do we need to send original Canadian passport or is a copy sufficient?
2. 1 Photograph to be included, right - does it need to be pasted on form or just include it with application?
3. Fees is 117.7 in one single demand draft to "BLS International Services Canada Inc." ?
1. Copy is sufficient
2. Pasted on form
3. Yes

Reactions: kushalagg

Dhruv1520

May 11, 2024
For passport surrender application, do I have to enter the name of province in present residential address or it is not required. Also is it okay if I enter the address same as per my driver’s licence to avoid application being returned by BLS. Thank you

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
I applied on the same day and got the certificate on 8th May. As @forw.jane suggested, check your status on the passport seva site; if it says " surrender certificate has been printed," it means your certificate is issued, and you need to contact BLS. You can also check the Purolator tracking randomly with your reference number "24-xxxxx".
My scenario is different, BLS people filled out the application, so I can't check the details in Passport Seva.. 1st May I applied in Missisauga with my family(3 people including me) and 2nd May status shows processing at General consulate and still now its same.. no improvement and I know its my 2nd week only.. but still not able to check anything..

elite_stud

Nov 25, 2015
For recent Canadian citizen - do we need to take the Indian passport while travelling to India. Or we could come back and apply for passport surrender.

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
My scenario is different, BLS people filled out the application, so I can't check the details in Passport Seva.. 1st May I applied in Missisauga with my family(3 people including me) and 2nd May status shows processing at General consulate and still now its same.. no improvement and I know its my 2nd week only.. but still not able to check anything..
Finally state changed to 'In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre' today

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So I decided to check my BLS tracking status today and it says Returned. When I called the lady says the reason for returned is because the application form was not in portrait format. The requirement is mentioned on the website.

I don’t understand how all my supporting documents came in portrait format except my application form when I used the same printer to print all documents.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I decided to check my BLS tracking status today and it says Returned. When I called the lady says the reason for returned is because the application form was not in portrait format. The requirement is mentioned on the website.

I don’t understand how all my supporting documents came in portrait format except my application form when I used the same printer to print all documents.
Do in-person submission as appointments are available. Helps to sort out things faster.

Reactions: SithLord