+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have pr card but my child only have citizenship certificate

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
Hello i am canadian valid PR card holder . But my child who is an canadian citizen by birth only holds canadian citizenship certificate. Recently we came back to pakistan . Now the problem is i have PR card but my child who only have canadian citizenship certificate and not canadian passport.previously She went on temporary passport to canada.. Now my husband is not cooperating in any matter, including obtaining necessary documentation for our child.My child has already successfully traveled once using her Pakistani passport.
as i have limited period left on my PR card now what should i do for my child so she can go with me to canada .. either i need to apply her visa on her pakistani passport r i need to apply for temporary passport ??? Please guide me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello i am canadian valid PR card holder . But my child who is an canadian citizen by birth only holds canadian citizenship certificate. Recently we came back to pakistan . Now the problem is i have PR card but my child who only have canadian citizenship certificate and not canadian passport.previously She went on temporary passport to canada.. Now my husband is not cooperating in any matter, including obtaining necessary documentation for our child.My child has already successfully traveled once using her Pakistani passport.
as i have limited period left on my PR card now what should i do for my child so she can go with me to canada .. either i need to apply her visa on her pakistani passport r i need to apply for temporary passport ??? Please guide me
She is a Canadian citizen so getting a TRV is not possible. If you apply, it will be refused.

If both of you have US visas that are valid, then it may be an option to fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border. Note that you will need your husband's permission to take your child out of the country unless you have sole custody.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There seems to be more to this story. Where is the father and are they a Canadian citizen? Has your relationship broken down? Have you met the residency requirement as a PR (lived in Canada 2 out of 5 years). When dried your PR card expire? As a Canadian citizen your child should not have been able to travel on a Pakistani passport. If your spouse is unwilling to cooperate or let the child travel this is going to be very difficult.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There seems to be more to this story. Where is the father and are they a Canadian citizen? Has your relationship broken down? Have you met the residency requirement as a PR (lived in Canada 2 out of 5 years). When dried your PR card expire? As a Canadian citizen your child should not have been able to travel on a Pakistani passport. If your spouse is unwilling to cooperate or let the child travel this is going to be very difficult.
Seems child previously travelled on Canadian (temporary) passport - to Canada that is. ("She went on temporary passport to canada..") No requirement exists that child must leave Canada/travel to other countries on Canadian passport.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
.. either i need to apply her visa on her pakistani passport r i need to apply for temporary passport ??? Please guide me
Child needs to apply for Canadian passport. The citizenship certificate and expired passport should be enough to apply, but do check for exact requirements.

If urgent enough, they might issue a temporary passport.

There is, I believe, zero chance that they will issue even an emergency visa in Pakistani passport ("my PR card is about to expire" is not an emergency).

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
My husband is a canadian citezen but unwilling to cooperate with us in any matter..i am from pakistan i just recently went to canada and got my pr card after 2 months (very next after getting my pr card) my husband sent us back to pakistan (me and my child) .. My child only have canadian Citezenship certificate but not passport .. she went to canada on her temporary travel passport and when we came back from canda they checked her pakistani passport… as she don’t have Canadian passport neither i can apply as a single parent nor she has a visa on her pakistani passport .. now i am worried what i need to apply for so she can move with me .. please give me any advice which i can follow..

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
She is a Canadian citizen so getting a TRV is not possible. If you apply, it will be refused.

If both of you have US visas that are valid, then it may be an option to fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border. Note that you will need your husband's permission to take your child out of the country unless you have sole custody.
Seems child previously travelled on Canadian (temporary) passport - to Canada that is. ("She went on temporary passport to canada..") No requirement exists that child must leave Canada/travel to other countries on Canadian passport.
My husband is a canadian citezen but unwilling to cooperate with us in any matter..i am from pakistan i just recently went to canada and got my pr card after 2 months (very next after getting my pr card) my husband sent us back to pakistan (me and my child) .. My child only have canadian Citezenship certificate but not passport .. she went to canada on her temporary travel passport and when we came back from canda they checked her pakistani passport… as she don’t have Canadian passport neither i can apply as a single parent nor she has a visa on her pakistani passport .. now i am worried what i need to apply for so she can move with me .. please give me any advice which i can follow..

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
Child needs to apply for Canadian passport. The citizenship certificate and expired passport should be enough to apply, but do check for exact requirements.

If urgent enough, they might issue a temporary passport.

There is, I believe, zero chance that they will issue even an emergency visa in Pakistani passport ("my PR card is about to expire" is not an emergency).
I email the embassy .. but they replied both of the parents documents .. But her father refused to cooperate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your relationship broke down before you landed as a PR your spouse should have withdrawn the sponsorship application. Did you even live together in Canada? How long did you spend together in person in Pakistan? If your relationship broke down before you got PR and PR card that could also cause problems. Without your husband’s cooperation it will be very difficult to get citizenship for your child. You need to hire a lawyer and sounds like a divorce lawyer as well.