+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, withdrawal an unprocess PNP application

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Dear all
I need to withdraw my PNP application which hasn't been processed yet to get my full refund. I submitted a signed letter on the web form, but IRCC told me because it hasn't been processed, there is no application information. I searched IRCC, about the online refund, I can only do so if I paid through their signed-in account, which I didn't. I believed I paid through the IRCC payment service, there is no online record or anything. I could be wrong. Please help, I just need the money back. Seems there is no way to do so unless they start the processing, but once started, I can not get a full refund.
Please help.
Much appreciated.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Dear all
I need to withdraw my PNP application which hasn't been processed yet to get my full refund. I submitted a signed letter on the web form, but IRCC told me because it hasn't been processed, there is no application information. I searched IRCC, about the online refund, I can only do so if I paid through their signed-in account, which I didn't. I believed I paid through the IRCC payment service, there is no online record or anything. I could be wrong. Please help, I just need the money back. Seems there is no way to do so unless they start the processing, but once started, I can not get a full refund.
Please help.
Much appreciated.
Can I ask why you need to get it withdrawn?

IRCC is right - and it's very silly. They don't even give you a reference number for Online Non-EE PNP applications, so they can't track it. But you would have had a receipt from the payment and a timestamp/tracking slip on when your application was received no?

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Can I ask why you need to get it withdrawn?

IRCC is right - and it's very silly. They don't even give you a reference number for Online Non-EE PNP applications, so they can't track it. But you would have had a receipt from the payment and a timestamp/tracking slip on when your application was received no.
Thank you for your reply. The reason is I just got an EE invitation, and I decided to apply for EE instead of PNP. EE doesn't allow me to use the receipt (so silly) and I ended up paying twice for the fee. I partially solved the refund though I am not sure (will update you if I get the refund). There is a very hidden page (it is called payment service account, it is not on the refund instruction page, I signed in from there and found nothing which makes no sense at all). On the first trial of sign-in, using my username and password for the PNP portal ended up like something is wrong, can't sign in. I had to change my password, then there is the receipt for my PNP, and can click the button "request a refund". I am just worried that without withdrawing the application, what is the chance to get the refund? The web page is very hidden and can be easily missed. I don't understand why I have so many accounts, PR portal, payment account, application account,

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thank you for your reply. The reason is I just got an EE invitation, and I decided to apply for EE instead of PNP. EE doesn't allow me to use the receipt (so silly) and I ended up paying twice for the fee. I partially solved the refund though I am not sure (will update you if I get the refund). There is a very hidden page (it is called payment service account, it is not on the refund instruction page, I signed in from there and found nothing which makes no sense at all). On the first trial of sign-in, using my username and password for the PNP portal ended up like something is wrong, can't sign in. I had to change my password, then there is the receipt for my PNP, and can click the button "request a refund". I am just worried that without withdrawing the application, what is the chance to get the refund? The web page is very hidden and can be easily missed. I don't understand why I have so many accounts, PR portal, payment account, application account,
Okay so the bottom line of this is don't worry about it. As long as you submitted a webform to IRCC, or if your EE application gets approved before they process the PNP application, you'll get a refund. It'll just take time and you have evidence to hand.

At the end of the day, look at this way. Does it really matter if you paid twice and lost half that money (very unlikely, but it may just take a very long time to come back to you)? You're getting Canadian PR quicker. You won't lose sleep over $1,350 or whatever the processing/RPRF fee is in the context of how much money you'll make in this country I'm sure. I'd personally pay $10,0000 to IRCC if they gave a priority processing option like they do in the US.

Good luck and congrats on being eligible for EE. You'll get PR before me and I applied in March 2022!

sealGuy

Oct 16, 2023
Hi. How is it going with your case? Were you able to withdraw your application and get your money back?

I’m in the same boat and looking for the answers.

Vincognito

Feb 23, 2024
For those who come here searching for an answer. I requested the refund via the payment portal (the one I used to pay the fees in the begining) and submitted a signed letter via webform.

Got the refund in like 2 days. Likely because of the refund request rather than the withdrawal letter because I only submitted the withdrawal letter the morning the day I see the refund showed up.