+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need Exit permit even though I have India entry visa (X1) with multiple entry while exiting India?

rajdevil3

Feb 22, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I was curious to know or wanted to clarify before I take next steps.

I'm in India and I have Canada passport, Surrender certificate, India entry X1 visa with multiple entry. Now, that I'm planning to exit India in another month or so, I wanted to know if I need an exit permit, even though I have an Entry visa. Has anyone been in this situation. If you can explain me the exit process in the situation I'm in, that'll be helpful.

I emailed FRRO team, they responded saying "come to FRRO with the related documents". Not sure why I need to go to FRRO office when usually most of it with FRRO is done online. Hence my question above.

Note: I'll be applying for OCI when I'm in Canada.

Thank you!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I was curious to know or wanted to clarify before I take next steps.

I'm in India and I have Canada passport, Surrender certificate, India entry X1 visa with multiple entry. Now, that I'm planning to exit India in another month or so, I wanted to know if I need an exit permit, even though I have an Entry visa. Has anyone been in this situation. If you can explain me the exit process in the situation I'm in, that'll be helpful.

I emailed FRRO team, they responded saying "come to FRRO with the related documents". Not sure why I need to go to FRRO office when usually most of it with FRRO is done online. Hence my question above.

Note: I'll be applying for OCI when I'm in Canada.

Thank you!!
Did you enter India with Canadian Passport and Entry visa?

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Am planning to go to India on Canadian passport with e-visa for India. I was also planning to surrender the passport in India. Would I need an exit visa while coming to Canada?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Am planning to go to India on Canadian passport with e-visa for India. I was also planning to surrender the passport in India. Would I need an exit visa while coming to Canada?
No. Exit permit is only needed if you enter India using Indian passport when you have Canadian passport.

Reactions: mark56