+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSIS and CBSA notes for Background Check

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
@Lamzo
Dear, can you tell us your timeline? when did you apply when your bg check started? and when Csis completes your security check.?

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
Hi everyone,
I am the same boat! submmited from 2021, just got CSIS notes and just a short letter stating that:
"
This refers to your Privacy Act request of March 20, 2024, concerning EP.....
Based on information contained in your request, please be advised that the personal information bank listed below was searched on your behalf with the following results:
Security Assessments/Advice CSIS...... - A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located. " . What does it mean? meaning still in progress or passed but have sent to IRCC? Anyone have thought on that! Thank you very much!

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Hi everyone,
I am the same boat! submmited from 2021, just got CSIS notes and just a short letter stating that:
"
Based on information contained in your request, please be advised that the personal information bank listed below was searched on your behalf with the following results:
Security Assessments/Advice CSIS...... - A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located. " . What does it mean? meaning still in progress or passed but have sent to IRCC? Anyone have thought on that! Thank you very much!
if CSIS concluded your security , you will get something like this "
Security Assessments/Advice: CSIS PPU 005 - Some of the information has been exempted from disclosure
by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or
suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act.
We have enclosed the Details page and the Case Conclusion / Recommendation page of your Security
Screening Request Number (SSRN) report which provides the status of your security check.
Your Security Screening case is completed and our recommendation was issued to Canada Border Services
Agency (CBSA) on 2023-12-12."

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hi everyone,
"
What did your GCMS notes say? Was the background check assigned to CSIS or not started?

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
Security Assessments/Advice: CSIS PPU 005 - Some of the information has been exempted from disclosure
by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or
suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act.
We have enclosed the Details page and the Case Conclusion / Recommendation page of your Security
Screening Request Number (SSRN) report which provides the status of your security check.
Your Security Screening case is completed and our recommendation was issued to Canada Border Services
Thank you! I just got short letter saying that! may varieties! so hard to understand them!

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
What did your GCMS notes say? Was the background check assigned to CSIS or not started?
GCMS notes: blank. CBAS notes: in progress. CSIS notes : as I mentioned above. Hard to understand! As people often thought BG check is assigned to CSIS and CBAS and Police (i passed criminals )

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
GCMS notes: blank. CBAS notes: in progress. CSIS notes : as I mentioned above. Hard to understand! As people often thought BG check is assigned to CSIS and CBAS and Police (i passed criminals )
Seems like your file is stuck with CBSA then. Do you have any abnormal leaving or entering the country records?

UmerPr

May 16, 2024
Thank you! I just got short letter saying that! may varieties! so hard to understand them!
Did you receive any update? I also got CSIS notes and it says that processing was completed on 4th April and recommendation was sent to CBSA but since then there has been no update what so ever? What does you completion date says? My AOR was 23rd March 2023 and BG check started on 23rd May 2023. its been a year since the Background check went to in Progress.

UmerPr

May 16, 2024
Did you receive any update? I also got CSIS notes and it says that processing was completed on 4th April and recommendation was sent to CBSA but since then there has been no update what so ever? What does you completion date says? My AOR was 23rd March 2023 and BG check started on 23rd May 2023. its been a year since the Background check went to in Progress.

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
I don't have any update Yet,
I applied on 9th march 2022, got AOR in December 2022, feb 28 I passed my eligibility and security starts on the same day,
I ordered GCMS notes from CSIS they conclude my security on 12 December 2023 and send it to CBSA , but since then I am stuck with CBSA , I ordered CBSA notes in march and my security is still in progress with CBSA, since 12 December 2023,
CSIS took 10 months do complete the security now more than 5 months I am stuck with CBSA, I don't know when it will complete
in total 15 month I am in security check

UmerPr

May 16, 2024
I don't have any update Yet,
I applied on 9th march 2022, got AOR in December 2022, feb 28 I passed my eligibility and security starts on the same day,
I ordered GCMS notes from CSIS they conclude my security on 12 December 2023 and send it to CBSA , but since then I am stuck with CBSA , I ordered CBSA notes in march and my security is still in progress with CBSA, since 12 December 2023,
CSIS took 10 months do complete the security now more than 5 months I am stuck with CBSA, I don't know when it will complete
in total 15 month I am in security check
This is really exhausting. did you talk to your MP? Last time I called IRCC they said that CBSA is reviewing the report submitted by CSIS. Agent told me that I can escalate the case on 2nd August however he said that He doesn't think that would be necessary but don't know what CBSA is doing so far.

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
This is really exhausting. did you talk to your MP? Last time I called IRCC they said that CBSA is reviewing the report submitted by CSIS. Agent told me that I can escalate the case on 2nd August however he said that He doesn't think that would be necessary but don't know what CBSA is doing so far.
I reached out to my MP 2 times and asked him for help in this matter, but he clearly says he can't follow up with CBSA or escalate the case, he can just provide me with an update on my application, as per my experience it depends on MP, if they are willing to help or not, unfortunately, my area MP is super lazy
IRCC agents don't give much details, but you were lucky that he gave you something atleast