+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change the oath ceremony format from In-person to virtual

JohnSil

Oct 3, 2014
Hi,

Has anybody, ever tried to contact IRCC to change the oath format from in-person to video conference? I have received the invitation to attend the in-person ceremony but the ceremony location is in Edmonton, Alberta and I live in Ottawa, Ontario. I have sent an email requesting them to change the format so that I don't have to travel to Alberta. Please let me know if anyone has an idea, what is the timeline I'm looking at to hear back from IRCC.

Thank You

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

Has anybody, ever tried to contact IRCC to change the oath format from in-person to video conference? I have received the invitation to attend the in-person ceremony but the ceremony location is in Edmonton, Alberta and I live in Ottawa, Ontario. I have sent an email requesting them to change the format so that I don't have to travel to Alberta. Please let me know if anyone has an idea, what is the timeline I'm looking at to hear back from IRCC.

Thank You
They might cancel your participation from in-person and put you in queue for online ceremony. That can take its own sweet time. Call IRCC, that would be faster way to get things done.

miraj1982

Feb 25, 2018
Do we have to choose between in-person or online ceremony. I don't recollect anything related to that in my application. Only remember choosing between paper or e-certificate. Can somebody explain.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Do we have to choose between in-person or online ceremony. I don't recollect anything related to that in my application. Only remember choosing between paper or e-certificate. Can somebody explain.
IRCC does that for you. But you can always call and request for in-person which are few compared to online ones.

Reactions: miraj1982