+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP to PR pipeline, when starting with an IEC

ashbryantx

May 8, 2024
Hello!
I've been nominated for BC PNP through the Health Authority Stream, non-express entry.
When going to the PR application page, I've initiated an application for PNP PR.

My IEC work permit expires on June 30th. (53 days exactly). I am sending all of my stuff off to PR next Tuesday (47 days left), I have a fingerprint appointment in the morning on Tues to get my police certificate from the US, which is my home country. I will upload the receipt and send everything right off to PR.

I need a bridging visa of sorts in order to stay and work in the country. I do not think the Health Authority will allow for an employer fee to paid. I can ask, but low chance.
BC PNP did give me a support letter for a work permit, but I think a fee still needs to be paid by the employer, right? They are LMIA exempt according to this letter.

After I send everything off to PR on Tuesday, how long until I get an Approved in Principle letter? The IRCC website states I must have one to apply for a BOWP.
Is it immediate? Or will I have to leave my job and stop working, and stay as a visitor?

The IEC is not extendable, so I can't apply for an OWP extension and maintain status that way.

Leaving entirely is unfortunately is not an option for me, I really like my job and have an apartment with my partner! Really trying to avoid having to lose status in Canada and remain as a visitor.

Really appreciate any guidance! In summary, if I can't get a bridging visa because approved in principle won't come in time, what information can anyone give me about an OWP?

Last edited:

r_frdias

Nov 21, 2019
Hello!
I've been nominated for BC PNP through the Health Authority Stream, non-express entry.
When going to the PR application page, I've initiated an application for PNP PR.

My IEC work permit expires on June 30th. (53 days exactly). I am sending all of my stuff off to PR next Tuesday (47 days left), I have a fingerprint appointment in the morning on Tues to get my police certificate from the US, which is my home country. I will upload the receipt and send everything right off to PR.

I need a bridging visa of sorts in order to stay and work in the country. I do not think the Health Authority will allow for an employer fee to paid. I can ask, but low chance.
BC PNP did give me a support letter for a work permit, but I think a fee still needs to be paid by the employer, right? They are LMIA exempt according to this letter.

After I send everything off to PR on Tuesday, how long until I get an Approved in Principle letter? The IRCC website states I must have one to apply for a BOWP.
Is it immediate? Or will I have to leave my job and stop working, and stay as a visitor?

The IEC is not extendable, so I can't apply for an OWP extension and maintain status that way.

Leaving entirely is unfortunately is not an option for me, I really like my job and have an apartment with my partner! Really trying to avoid having to lose status in Canada and remain as a visitor.

Really appreciate any guidance! In summary, if I can't get a bridging visa because approved in principle won't come in time, what information can anyone give me about an OWP?
You'll have to wait for AOR to apply for BOWP. There is no specific timeline, but unfortunately, from what I have been following it takes around 3-4 months to receive AOR for non-EE PR applications.

Yes, you can apply for a closed work permit with the support letter from BCPNP, however, the employer needs to submit an LMIA-exempt job offer at the IRCC Employer Portal and pay the fee of $230. After that, you can apply for the work permit online or flagpole.