+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Applied on August 8th, 2023.
AoR: September 16th, 2023.
Background Check: Completed September 27th.
Citizenship Test: Completed October 6th.
Language Skills: Completed December 6th.
Interview Required: Completed January 10th 2024.
Physical Presence: Completed January 10th 2024.
Prohibitions: Completed January 15th 2024.
Oath: Not started.
Then I applied for urgent processing on February 15th and it got approved.
March 10th received my GCMS notes.

I got a ghost update on March 6th, on the GCMS notes it says that Applicant appears to meet requirements. Citizenship is Granted. though no Oath ceremony so far. It's been 2 months since they made the final decision. When I call IRCC they say they need more time to schedule the ceremony I don't know why. My primary office is vancouver.

Stn

Oct 1, 2023
Applied on August 8th, 2023.
AoR: September 16th, 2023.
Background Check: Completed September 27th.
Citizenship Test: Completed October 6th.
Language Skills: Completed December 6th.
Interview Required: Completed January 10th 2024.
Physical Presence: Completed January 10th 2024.
Prohibitions: Completed January 15th 2024.
Oath: Not started.
Then I applied for urgent processing on February 15th and it got approved.
March 10th received my GCMS notes.

I got a ghost update on March 6th, on the GCMS notes it says that Applicant appears to meet requirements. Citizenship is Granted. though no Oath ceremony so far. It's been 2 months since they made the final decision. When I call IRCC they say they need more time to schedule the ceremony I don't know why. My primary office is vancouver.
Same timeline as you LLP EVERTYTHING COMPLETE SINCE JAN 19 , my office is vancouver too , am so super piss seing other peaple got they oath not me .

Reactions: nmdemp

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Same timeline as you LLP EVERTYTHING COMPLETE SINCE JAN 19 , my office is vancouver too , am so super piss seing other peaple got they oath not me .

Same for me waiting since February 29. I called yesterday. She said you have to wait.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Same for me waiting since February 29. I called yesterday. She said you have to wait.
I'd call until getting a good agent on the phone. Some agents DGAF. When I called today she actually helped and sent a message to the vancouver office to schedule my ceremony. When I called yesterday they just said I have to wait and hung up. Today she at least tried sending a message. You can give it a try too.

Last edited:

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I'd call until getting a good agent on the phone. Some agents DGAF. When I called today she actually helped and sent a message to the vancouver office to schedule my ceremony. When I called yesterday they just said I have to wait and hung up. Today she at least tried sending a message. You can give it a try too.

2 years ago that's how I got my travel document. Finally an agent actually helped me and called the responsible office. After that I got my document in 2 days. Some call center agents can actually help you but
Should i asked them to send a message to case worker? That’s how it works?

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Should i asked them to send a message to case worker? That’s how it works?
Yes, if you are past the processing time they should send a message to the case worker or the responsible office. Some of them may not do but whenever you call ask them to do it. Eventually one of them will send a message.

Reactions: nmdemp

Nick_G

Feb 5, 2024
I see. that's not great but reassuring at least. My father got scheduled for citizenship on May 29. He applied in january. Everything about his application is more complex. he had multiple jobs while all I did was studying lol. Everything else is the same. Same address history, same absences (zero). The only difference is our names, DOB and his job history vs my studies.
Clearly there's no standard system in place. I know of at least 3 people who applied way after and got lucky just like your dad while we're here waiting patiently

Reactions: Pinkpinkpinkpink

ihaq56

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
People who recently had their oath. How long after the oath were you able to download the certificate ?

harpa

May 8, 2024
Good to hear! can you share the customer care number to talk with the agent?

superpixel

Apr 19, 2018
I had my MP office help me finally. She spoke to IRCC and they told me my case is stuck at Security clearance due to my country of origin. This is weird that they never follow up to get it done

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
I had my MP office help me finally. She spoke to IRCC and they told me my case is stuck at Security clearance due to my country of origin. This is weird that they never follow up to get it done
Interesting, I am curious to know how did you contact/address your MP's office?