+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are visa services being offered to Canadian citizens who are already in India?

krish9297

Feb 2, 2021

rajdevil3

Feb 22, 2015
Its been five days since I emailed FRRO, but no reply yet.
In the meantime, the only information that I was able to find on visa conversion is from the link below, but I'm not sure if it is a reliable source.

https://www.bankbazaar.com/visa/how-to-convert-tourist-visa-to-xvisa-in-india.html#:~:text=Conversion application can be done,given to the FRO/FRRO.

@rajdevil3 I read your other posts. Were you able to apply for entry (X) visa while you're in India?
Hello Krish, for the late reply. Yes, I was able to apply and receive India entry visa in India from FRRO.

elite_stud

Nov 25, 2015
Thank you. Now, that e-visa is open, I am traveling on Canadian passport. Since, I'll be in India, easier to just surrender the passport and get the certificate same day. I'll come back to Canada on Canadian passport and apply for OCI in Canada using surrender certificate obtained in India.
Have you made this trip and came back. do we need to travel on Canadian passport or Indian passport for applying surrender certific in India.
what all docs do we need to apply for SC from India

jk_indian

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
05-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2016
LANDED..........
Expected (15-09-2016)
@nivaan5, Thank you for sharing all the details on surrendering Indian passport and getting the Entry Visa.

As you mentioned earlier on this thread, OCI can be applied after staying in India on the Entry Visa(X1) for 6 months. Have you already applied for OCI and received it?
Was the Residential Permit received along with the Entry visa used for the OCI application?
Did you face any hurdles in the online OCI application submission? Did you have to visit the RPO?