+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for passport outside Canada

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
Sorry for the late reply, I'm not sure as if you apply from outside of Canada....your guarantor must come from a specific list of occupations.
@Seym Sorry for another question ... but is this correct? i.e. can I choose my guarantor as someone who is living in Canada and then apply for the first passport from the UK? From what you said, I think it should be fine but I just want to confirm :)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@Seym Sorry for another question ... but is this correct? i.e. can I choose my guarantor as someone who is living in Canada and then apply for the first passport from the UK? From what you said, I think it should be fine but I just want to confirm :)
Occupation-based guarantors are just an alternative if you can't find a Canadian citizen in the country where you want to apply, but if you have a Canadian citizen available, regardless of where the person lives, you should be good to go.

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
Occupation-based guarantors are just an alternative if you can't find a Canadian citizen in the country where you want to apply, but if you have a Canadian citizen available, regardless of where the person lives, you should be good to go.
I see, thanks. Also, when I am filling the passport form, should I give a Canadian address or an address in the UK?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I see, thanks. Also, when I am filling the passport form, should I give a Canadian address or an address in the UK?
You'll be in UK. The local address will make more sense I guess, at the very least if they have to send it by mail.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
You'll be in UK. The local address will make more sense I guess, at the very least if they have to send it by mail.
If I remember correctly they will send the passport to the closest Consulate General's office and the applicant will have to go to the office for pick up. But yet, definitely put the UK address in the application.