+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Study Permit as a Refugee Claimant

Moosa_Khan

Aug 3, 2023
Hi Everyone, Me and my family are Refugee Claimants here in Canada and our claims have been forwarded to the RPD and we also got out work permits. I wanted to know if I have to apply for a study permit and where do I apply it from? Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks

Reactions: Bhtsan

Bhtsan

Mar 17, 2024
Hi Everyone, Me and my family are Refugee Claimants here in Canada and our claims have been forwarded to the RPD and we also got out work permits. I wanted to know if I have to apply for a study permit and where do I apply it from? Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks
Hi Evan I wanted same information about the STUDY PERMIT. Can we have both WP and SP?

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Do let me know the answer to my question too if you can.
As a refugee claimants, you are entitle to receive a student permit it will not affect your work permit but keep in mind you will be paying international fees to the school. Now if you become protected refugees then you pay the same fee as Canadians. So it’s up to you. But you still need to be accepted in a school and get an acceptance letter in order to apply. Hope this help.
I will attach the link where you can get more info

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/asylum/claim-protection-inside-canada/work-study.html#study_permit