+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Hey all,

My sponsorship application has been accepted and I'm now on my way to Lima, Peru to be with my wife for several months considering we've been away from each other for quite some time now. I had to quit my job, leave my apartment and pack everything into a storage unit :p. As a Canadian citizen, I can enter Peru as a visitor for 180 days (6 months) without having to leave.. so maybe I'll end up staying until then. This will also look good for her case as it will show to the Canadian embassy down there that our relationship is 100% genuine.

Now they've JUST started processing her application and said that it would take 12 months approximately! <--- ouch.... Once my 4-6 month visit is up I'll have to return to Canada, and get back to work etc etc. My wife is a student in Peru, but is now going to wait until she arrives in Canada to complete her degree. She is currently not working either considering the highest paid job she can find is $2.50 canadian an hour. VERY WEAK.

So my question is... Will she be able to apply for a Visitors visa once I return to Canada and while we wait another 6-8 months for the embassy to make their decision? Before her and I were married (married april 26th 2010) she applied to come to Canada as a visitor and was refused because she had no ties to her country. So I'm thinking once I leave Peru, she can find a job, no matter the pay, and apply once again. Will this hamper her application for her PR if they see a request to enter Canada again?

I know many of you are in the same boat. <--- the longgggg wait. It's absolutely brutal. But I cannot afford to be in Peru for any longer than 6 months.....

Maybe she should just hit up Sri Lanka and take a boat to Vancouver.. that seems to work :S jk

Thanks for your thoughts!

- Bo

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will not hurt her PR application to apply for a visit visa but if she was denied before, she will probably be denied again for the same reason.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She can apply for a TRV once you leave, but she probably won't get it. Since the PR application is already in, applying for another TRV won't hurt her.
It looks better to have had a job for a while when you apply for a TRV, so she should think of starting one now - unless of course you'd rather just enjoy your time together. If she is taking classes, this might also help with the TRV application - if she pays for classes that will be starting after she is due to return from Canada, it is evidence that she actually will return, which is what they want to see.

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Yea you guys are right... She's been denied in the past, so her chances must be slim.

If I were to stay in Peru for 6+ months, I would have to prove to immigrations that I would be returning to Canada, No?
-- How can I prove this? I've already quit my job and have no debts.
-- Renting an apartment at the moment.

I know there is a 180 day limit, and if you overstay it's $1/day -- which I'm alright with haha..Altho I have no idea what other problems that could lead to...

Any ideas?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Don't overstay your visa. Who knows what problems it might bring - but suppose one day you want to move to Peru, it might be an issue.
If you just visit her, it is easier for the application process. If you are just visiting, you don't have to prove you will move back to Canada, and it removes one refusal risk. The question is when does a visit turn into 'you've moved there'. I'd say 6 months is still safe - it's a visitor's visa, after all. More than that though ...
How about visiting for 3 months (or longer, but within the 6-month limit), coming back to Canada and a job, and then going to visit her again? Lots of visits are good proof your relationship is genuine.

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Yea you're right Canadianwoman... I REALLLLY don't want to put anything negative on our file. That would be the worst. Altho I do not require a Visa to enter Peru, I don't want to have any problems... arggg decisions decisions lol. I just might have to settle for the 3 month - 3 month plan.. or something along those lines. I will try my best!.. the safe way.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Boman744 said:
Maybe she should just hit up Sri Lanka and take a boat to Vancouver.. that seems to work :S jk
You know, I was thinking about doing something similar to that the other day. I should gather about 1000-1500 nationals from my country (in the Caribbean) and set sail to the Atlantic coast of Canada and see if the Government too will accept us. Least I know I will be back in Canada and they wouldn't turn me away :D Also, the Government of Canada needs more of these shipwrecks at their borders to balance out the diversity within the population.

That really does seem to work lately ..LOL .....

Mind you, I am brown too so it's all good with the little "racist" comments.