+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Year gap reviews.

Baali

Jan 8, 2016
Greetings.

I will be applying for MAY2016 intake for Canada.
Below is my education qualifications. Please take a glance at it first.

10th grade-CBSE-76%-2010
12th grade-CBSS-NONMEDICAL-79%-2012
Studied computer science engineering from 2012 to till 2014( failed 1st year then gave back papers the next year). Dropped out of college in june 2014 after giving back papers. I lacked interest in this course.
Scored 7 IELTS BANDS-october2015
From 2014-till now, wasn't doing something that I could prove since my dads business is not on paper.
Now, i've applied to seneca college in Canada for electrical engineering technician course.

Please let me know what are my chances for getting a visa for canada since I've some yeargap which I cannot prove although I've strong educational background. Also, please let me know any advices If any to improve my chances.
Thank you for your support.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. is your future study in Canada related to your father's company?

2. if you helped your dad's business, can your father/his employee write a letter that you have been working?

3. strong sop would be more helpful than strong educational background to satisfy VO especially you dropped out once and cannot explain the gap.

Baali

Jan 8, 2016
floomy said:
1. is your future study in Canada related to your father's company?

2. if you helped your dad's business, can your father/his employee write a letter that you have been working?

3. strong sop would be more helpful than strong educational background to satisfy VO especially you dropped out once and cannot explain the gap.

Yes, my dad can write a letter to prove that and no my dad's business is not related to the course which I will be studying.
But, right after I dropped out of college I wanted to go abroad for studies but as my gramdmother was diagnosed with Uterus Cancer which I can prove as per medical papers I was not able to apply for studies although I was working as a part time and helping out my dad in his business.

Would the VO's understand this situation? Or I should better not put my hopes for studying in Canada because of my yeargap even though I've scored 7 ielts band and good grades in high school.

Please help and thank you very much. You people are very helpful.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is good you can explain your gap (due to grandma's illness).

correct me if I am wrong.
is your previous study(computer science engineering) and electrical engineering technician is similar field?

if so, you have to explain why you wanna study similar filed in Canada after you drop out.

if not, still you need to explain the reason of study and your future plan etc.
: if you have some job experience then you should put in on your sop.

Baali

Jan 8, 2016
No, sir. Computer Science Engineering and Electrical engineering technician are completely two different fields of study. Because of competition in college, I was not able to pursue Electrical engineering at first place after my school as CSEngineering was the only course which I could study. I wish to do masters in Electrical Engineering in future.
In short, I always wanted to pursue Electrical Engineering at first place.
Well, thank you very much for your support.

Once again. With all these things in mind. If I tend to show the following I stand good chamce getting a visa:-

1.Proof of my enrollment in college where I was doing CSEngineering.
2.Medical records
3.My father's letter that I helped him out.
4. Explanation that I am keen to be a electrical engineer ad always wanted to be one in the first place.

Keeping these things in mind, I stand a good chance.

Thank you very much and please let me know any other advices as J'll be applying for visa thia february and will update on this thread.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Baali said:
Greetings.

10th grade-CBSE-76%-2010
Studied computer science engineering from 2012 to till 2014( failed 1st year then gave back papers the next year). Dropped out of college in june 2014 after giving back papers. I lacked interest in this course.
From 2014-till now, wasn't doing something that I could prove since my dads business is not on paper.
Now, i've applied to seneca college in Canada for electrical engineering technician course.

Please let me know what are my chances for getting a visa for canada since I've some yeargap which I cannot prove although I've strong educational background. Also, please let me know any advices If any to improve my chances.

Your profile is weak. Chances are slim to none.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Baali

Jan 8, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

Your profile is weak. Chances are slim to none.
I didnot pass my exams only because I was not interested the course I was pursuing. I had no precise future plan with it.

As per my profile. I've scored good grades in school as well as IELTS.

Also, I can explain my year-gap which is an added advantage. Please read the posts above.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your most concern for sp would be drop out the school and no specific previous experience for future study in Canada.
VO might not satisfy with purpose of your study and question of return to home after study.

1. if you can use your grandmother's illness as a reason of drop out the school (if it happened around same time)
you might wanna use it beside you explain that you did not have interest in previous study.

2. even if you have been interested in new field of study for a long time, it is only your word which do not provide much proof for it.
so you should state very specific your future plan after study and reason of study in your sop.
if you can have a job offer in your home country, that would be very helpful for SP.

these two would be your major obstacles and if you satisfy VO , you would have a chance.

Good luck

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

floomy said:
your most concern for sp would be drop out the school and no specific previous experience for future study in Canada.
VO might not satisfy with purpose of your study and question of return to home after study.

1. if you can use your grandmother's illness as a reason of drop out the school (if it happened around same time)
you might wanna use it beside you explain that you did not have interest in previous study.

2. even if you have been interested in new field of study for a long time, it is only your word which do not provide much proof for it.
so you should state very specific your future plan after study and reason of study in your sop.
if you can have a job offer in your home country, that would be very helpful for SP.

these two would be your major obstacles and if you satisfy VO , you would have a chance.

Good luck

1. What's the logical connection between granny's illness and study permit issuance? You can't make VO too emotional.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at least he doesnt need to tell he was not interested in previous study so dropped out which bring VO more question about his purpose of study.

whether it makes VO too emotional or not (it depends on what kind of vo he would get anyway), his drop-out record would be disadvantage for his application.

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baali said:
Greetings.

10th grade-CBSE-76%-2010

Hey do you get your visa??

Jaydeeppatel

Nov 12, 2017
Greetings.

10th grade-CBSE-76%-2010

Dear,

You got visa or not?