+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP expiring before receiving Acknowledgement of Receipt

bobsterp

Jul 11, 2013
Hello all!

I've been reading up on this quite a bit and haven't been able to find a clear answer yet, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

From what I understand only applicants with a currently valid WP may be eligible to apply for a BOWP based on a PR application. And this can only be done after receiving a Acknowledgement of Receipt (at least 6 weeks before we can follow up on status).

Background:
- PR Application submitted on 7th May.
- Application returned to us on 19th June and resubmitted on 20th June (missing signature on one of the forms).
- My current OWP expires on 29th July.

Unfortunately due to the resubmission, we cannot expect to hear back from them until 3 days after my current WP expires. I would now need to apply for TRV to keep my status and plan to do this before the WP expires.

Questions:
- From what I've read, I can apply to have my WP restored if I'm within 90 days of it's expiry. What is not clear to me is whether I will be able to do that after I apply for the TRV (and assuming the Acknowledgement of Receipt comes back with a positive response).
- Does it make a difference whether the TRV is approved or if I'm on implied status while is put in the application to have the WP restored?

My company is willing to process an LMO as well if required.

What would be the best thing for me to do at this point. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
Take a look at this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t153061.0.html

I hope this helps and good luck (I'm still waiting for my AOR but submitted my application for a BOWP last week...)!