Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 14
File Transfer...
12 August 14
Med's Done....
Feb 2014
hi friends

first of all it feels good that this forum wil help u get through most difficult times during ur stay here as a foreign worker,so thanks everyone in advance .

i know i cant apply for bridge open wp as i lost my status reason being my work permit is expiring right now as we speak(today), i am expecting my ppr anytime soon ,i can arrange a lmo if i really need, my issue is i dont want to be stuck at the border doing my landing, as they may ask for my current status.
as far as my knowledge is i have to pay extra $200 along with $150 as i wil be out of status,
p.s.

i can arrange a lmo

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I dont think I understand. Why would you want to be out of status? Its only going to make your life more difficult. Until you have received PR, you need to maintain status. Whether that option is an LMO/new wp or a bridged open wp, current status is critical to your application. If you fall out, you can always request restoration.

Can you clarify what you are asking?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurutajsandhu said:
hi friends

first of all it feels good that this forum wil help u get through most difficult times during ur stay here as a foreign worker,so thanks everyone in advance .

i know i cant apply for bridge open wp as i lost my status reason being my work permit is expiring right now as we speak(today), i am expecting my ppr anytime soon ,i can arrange a lmo if i really need, my issue is i dont want to be stuck at the border doing my landing, as they may ask for my current status.
as far as my knowledge is i have to pay extra $200 along with $150 as i wil be out of status,
p.s.

i can arrange a lmo
why dont you apply for bridge WP online TODAY??

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for bridge WP online today...Hurry up!!!

gurutajsandhu

Nov 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 14
File Transfer...
12 August 14
Med's Done....
Feb 2014
my only option is restoration am i correct? as i can hav issues during landing if i dont apply for a wp before landing ? please clarify

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
gurutajsandhu said:
my only option is restoration am i correct? as i can hav issues during landing if i dont apply for a wp before landing ? please clarify
If you are out of status now, you should apply for restoration, which may require an LMO. You should consult CIC regulations regarding that particular route. In retrospect, if you had submitted an application to extend your stay through the bridged open wp or to adjust your status, you would have automatically retained implied status, until such time when a decision on your case has been rendered.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Go ahead and apply for work permit online..apprently you can make request letter as well to CIC ...Or else you can get enroll in course and get study permit, don't pay the fees until you decide to study but that will buy you status in Canada and later on workout other way. Good luck !

gurutajsandhu

Nov 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 14
File Transfer...
12 August 14
Med's Done....
Feb 2014
my question remains will i hav issues at the border,while doing my landing, if i havnt applied for wp yet ,can i say i just found a employer and i still hav time till 20 march to apply for a work permit.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurutajsandhu said:
my question remains will i hav issues at the border,while doing my landing, if i havnt applied for wp yet ,can i say i just found a employer and i still hav time till 20 march to apply for a work permit.
Everyone was telling you that you should have applied for the bridging work permit and that is a 100% true.

Anyway, regardless why didn't you do so, or why did you wait to go out of status, you are most likely gonna have serious issues with the immigration office processing your PR application.

What I understand here is:

You did not apply for any kind of a renewal, or an extension of your temporary legal status in Canada thinking that it is not really important, as your PPR request will come soon. Thus, all of your concern is just after getting the visa stamped on your passport, you might have some issues when you do your landing, right ?

If that was the case, you need to know that most probably you will have issues with the immigration office processing your PR application before you get your passport request. They will keep checking your legal status in Canada until the last moment before they issue your PR visa even if they have your passport on hand.

In such a case, the following scenario will probably happen:

If they find you out of status regardless the PPR was issued or not, they will send you a letter stating the fact that you are currently out of status, and not even in an implied status, as it shows on their system. Therefore, they will ask for an explanation with a specific time frame before they deny your PR application.

This situation has happened to a member on this forum long time ago. He got his passport request, sent his passport to Buffalo visa office, let his legal status expires without applying for any renewal thinking that the visa was almost in hand.

However, he was shocked, when Buffalo visa office, sent him the passport back 3 weeks later, with no visa, including a letter that says" our records show that you are out of status in Canada" asking him to send an immediate explanation letter, and warning from refusing his PR application.

Under no circumstances you should let your legal status expire.

Look at the following 2010 case at Trackitt:

Start from the bottom, ignore the very last post at the bottom, and read the one right on top of it:

http: // www. trackitt.com/member/desimundahoon

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
professional 1 explained it quite well, and I refer you back to my comment from before: "Until you have received PR, you need to maintain status." If you are currently out of status, you need to apply for restoration, otherwise, you will have issues when landing.