+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wouldn't have a clue

Johnzy

Aug 22, 2008
I am 21 years old and would be interested in moving to Calgary, Alberta permanently. I'm from the UK and I want to move and start over - wouldn't have family or connections when I arrived I would just start from scratch basically and since I have no qualifications worth speaking of and limited job experience because of my age I wouldn't know what to do from here ;) My ideal choice would be to move to Canada and go on a couple of courses or maybe even college to get a few qualifications built up and work my way to Canadian citizenship

Advice is needed and appreciated.. thanks :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, could you work at McDonalds, clean hotel rooms or work in a factory? Then you qualify. Alberta provincial nominee program has a website here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/semiskilledworkers.html You'd have to have a job offer and get a temporary work permit, move here and then apply for permanent residency through their PNP.

Johnzy

Aug 22, 2008
I do have some decent qualifications in computer engineering but I don't know if that would help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stay on the Alberta PNP website and read up on the skilled worker classes as well. Then go to job websites and try to get a job offer. It can be hard to find a job from outside Canada. Might be better if you come on vacation and search for jobs here but you would have to leave again before work permit can be issued. Just make sure it's a job that is classified by PNP and will lead to PR status.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you are enrolling in a university in the UK? This work permit will allow you to work in Canada for one year while you are taking a year off from your studies in the UK. You could probably use that to look for a job that fits the PNP and then try to change the conditions of your work permit to get into that program.

The other thing you can do if you want to study in Canada is to apply for a student visa and work permit, take a 2 year program, get a post-graduate work permit and then apply for PR under the new canadian experience class.