+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working remotely from home country. does it count?!

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
Hello Guys ...

I have completed one year of working full time, but for a period of 4 months, I was at my home country visiting family but I was working remotely and also been under the payroll for the same amount of time that I have been present physically in the office.

so I Apply under CEC, is that a problem that I have been away from Canada while I was completing my required one year or its fine working remotely during that day. Cause I have to declare where I have been with the new "Travel List" document.

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for your answer, But I came as an international student, I have canadian credentials. I'm not a skilled worker.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soh3il said:
Thanks for your answer, But I came as an international student, I have canadian credentials. I'm not a skilled worker.
Well, what kind of company did you work for? you have to be very careful when it comes to counting the days you worked. you should be very detailed regarding working in both canada and your home country and explains how this situation worked for you and your company. Because from previous cases, this could be an easy excuse for a rejection if everything is not lay out carefully

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
It is a technology company and we build applications. so we can deliver works when we are physically not present in the office. I have been under the payroll and my employer counted the same hours for me.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soh3il said:
It is a technology company and we build applications. so we can deliver works when we are physically not present in the office. I have been under the payroll and my employer counted the same hours for me.
What NOC would your job title be under? in order to be qualified for CEC, your job title should be under either NOC 0,A, or B

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
my NOC title is Web designer / Web Developer.

My question is straightforward. could you please not drag other factors into this please.

madinxs

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Request
23-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
It all depends on your T4, NOA and Letter from your Employer...Straightforward!

soh3il said:
my NOC title is Web designer / Web Developer.

My question is straightforward. could you please not drag other factors into this please.

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
Yeap, I just called CIC and asked. they couldn't say "Yes" or "No" but the agent said logically u could cause it has not stated otherwise.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
My interpretation points to say it won't count for those 4 months. The regulations in the Act say "experience in Canada". It's probably a common law interpretation, but I would think that just working for a Canadian company while not living in Canada would exclude you.

Would they be able to detect this? If they look at your travel history (i.e. from your CBSA record even if it isn't listed on your travel form), this may raise questions. I would work the additional 4 months in Canada to be safe.

Nonetheless, it's just an opinion.

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
soh3il said:
Yeap, I just called CIC and asked. they couldn't say "Yes" or "No" but the agent said logically u could cause it has not stated otherwise.
You have to indicate your travels. So, CIC will know that you were not in Canada for those months. If it were me and I still had time left on my work permit, i would wait until I make up those 4 months in Canada. It's tough and disappointing, but c'est la vie.

ruble

May 2, 2017
Hello Guys ...

I have completed one year of working full time, but for a period of 4 months, I was at my home country visiting family but I was working remotely and also been under the payroll for the same amount of time that I have been present physically in the office.

so I Apply under CEC, is that a problem that I have been away from Canada while I was completing my required one year or its fine working remotely during that day. Cause I have to declare where I have been with the new "Travel List" document.
Hi Soh3il, did it work out for you? I mean did they consider those 4 months you worked remotely?
Thank you.