Working from Home in US and living in Canada

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello all,

I have kind of a peculiar situation..

I am working from home (virtually) for US company on H1. Although the company has employees like me working from Canada, they are not approving me to work from Canada. They are citing that the transition costs are high.

My plan is if I get my H1 approved to virtually work from Detroit. Would I be able to work from Detroit and cross the border everyday and live in Windsor? My concern is if the border officers will question me as I will be going to work in a home office in Detroit and not a real office.

Anyone in the same boat or anyone has experience doing this? Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

destornillador

May 22, 2018
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
If your home office address is on the labor certification as the official work location, it should not be an issue.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I really don't believe any border officer would question you for this thing as the location is already in an approved petition. Where you want to work is your employer's call and whether to approve that work site is USCIS call and it's none of their business to make comments on it. They may just like to check if the employment is real and that your entry is genuine.